Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mushroom lifters should be installed ASAP to avoid serious damage to lifters, camshaft, and camshaft bearing [located in case near exhaust lifter].

Copper head gasket is also important as it aids in lowering motor operating temp.

I don't have any fork seals in stock, however most leak [90%] as do the replacements within a short period of time. Try drainng the tubes, put a few ounces of brake fluid in each tube, compress several times, then drain. Fill tubes with fork oil or hydr. jack oil, the amount varies depending of version of the forks. Approx. 4 to 6 ounces per tube should work.

Have fun,

Carb Seal

Hi Quenton,

Today I did what you said,seal the carb with silicone sealer now wait for it to dry,From Parts that I asked you have the Mushroom lifters and Copper head gasket, where I can get the other part muffler high flow insert,restrictor plate,how I can pay for the part, you have an account with paypal.

Hi,
I have the chromoly mushroom lifters in stock. The copper head gasket are custom made to fit the different heads. [need to know which version of the head you have].
The muffler insert may be available through Whizzer USA in TX [will be difficult to contact them, just keep trying].

Forget using PayPal as they ripped me off for over $500.00 several years ago, and I will never give them the chance to do it again. Contact me via email or PM and I will discuss payment arrangements.

PS. You don't need a restrictor plate, just an aluminum spacer to help keep the gas in the carburetor cooler.

Have fun,

Hi Quenton

How to I pay you for the Mushroom lifters,head gasket,and will like to now how much you charge for Mill head work.
try sending PM,Quenton Guenther has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Head

Hi Quenton,

Will send PM now,And here a pic of my head.

Attachments

• SDC10020 - Copy.jpg
    SDC10020 - Copy.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 529
Hi,

The outside of the heads are the same on most versions. Can only tell by looking at the actual combustion chamber as to which head you have. Some are "OK" and need to be milled and the chambr reworked slightly, and some need the entire chamber reworked as it is a "mess".

Have fun,

Whizzer Service Manual

Hi my name is wayne, and im from Sweden.
I got run in to when i was driving home from work on my WC1 whizzer and the intake pipe broke.

So i decided to buy a NE5 cyldinder kit and im in need of a Service Manual so i can put the engine back together propperly.

But i have not been able to find one on ebay or anyware else for that matter.

And im wondering if anyone has a clue where i can get ahold of one for a resonable price

Best Regards; Wayne

Hi Wayne,

The only published Whizzer manual was for the 1999 Whizzer Classic with the WC-1 motor.

If you purchased the complete upgrade kit [not avaialble for the last 3 years] it would be almost a direct bolt on upgrade, however if you purchased various parts from Ebay offered by Joe Lin, you could have a major problem.

The original upgrade kit offered by Whizzer USA had all the parts needed and even a few you don't need.

The head bolt pattern is different between the WC-1 and the NE motor, and the bolts are a different size [8 MM in place of 6 MM]. The head, head gasket, bolts & washers must be changed to make the conversion.

The cylinder locating dowel is also located in a different location, the WC-1 motor had the dowel on the rear left of the cylinder [flywheel side], and the NE has the dowel on the front left [also flywheel side].

If your motor was an early WC-1 it will have long studs at the rear of the cylinder, and must be replaced with 7 MM allen bolts to hold the rear of the cylinder to the case.

If you have the complete kit, I would suggest you keep the original carburetor as the 22 MM in the kit is way too large for a stock WC-1 motor. The main reason the carburetor is too large is because of the camshaft & lifters. You can also sell the 22 MM to recapture part of your investment.

If you have the complete kit, then take the time to replace the 8 MM allen bolts with a quality set, as the originals in the kit "stretch" and always work loose.

Torque for the 8 MM bolts is 185 INCH pounds, and the 10 MM are 210 INCH pounds.

WC-1 lifters should be set at .008" intake, and .010" for the exhaust.

Have fun,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back