Rear drum brake hub. Help!

I true my wheels. I have never laced one up but it can’t be too hard once you have the right length spoke.
My method truing is probably not text book but it works.
I started to try building a wheel but instead I bought a set of new wheels all done up.

I’d still like to try it. I haven’t looked but there’s got to be some formula to determine spoke length with a given rim and hub diameter
Yeah there is a book from Sheldon Brown who explains it really well & has illustrations too on how to measure & calculate length.

Speaking wheels what is a good wheel ring/rim? I got some rhynolite double wall rings I think they are a dm19 or dh19 rim. I also got some Doug heimann double wall rim I think are a dm30. What is a good heavy duty wheel ring, i was looking at some down hill mountain bike rings but they are $70 each. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks.😁

Speaking wheels what is a good wheel ring/rim? I got some rhynolite double wall rings I think they are a dm19 or dh19 rim. I also got some Doug heimann double wall rim I think are a dm30. What is a good heavy duty wheel ring, i was looking at some down hill mountain bike rings but they are $70 each. Anybody got any suggestions? Thanks.😁
Look at used rims on pinkbike, 26" wheels are considered "outdated" by today's MTB standards so you can score some killer deals on high end rims.
otherwise, try looking at 26" BMX rims, those are built to take a beating and are usually are more affordable then a DH rim since BMX riders care less about weight.

I true my wheels. I have never laced one up but it can’t be too hard once you have the right length spoke.
My method truing is probably not text book but it works.
I started to try building a wheel but instead I bought a set of new wheels all done up.

I’d still like to try it. I haven’t looked but there’s got to be some formula to determine spoke length with a given rim and hub diameter
There are several online calculators.

Look at used rims on pinkbike, 26" wheels are considered "outdated" by today's MTB standards so you can score some killer deals on high end rims.
Do they sell stuff on pinkbike. Thanks. I never thought finding parts & have a bicycle wheel built was a big deal. I guess I was wrong. Just trying to build or buy the best wheels I can afford. Lmao I dont like taking a risk from cheap wheels. I'm not one to cheap out on wheels. Thanks again.

Do they sell stuff on pinkbike. Thanks. I never thought finding parts & have a bicycle wheel built was a big deal. I guess I was wrong. Just trying to build or buy the best wheels I can afford. Lmao I dont like taking a risk from cheap wheels. I'm not one to cheap out on wheels. Thanks again.
Yeah, custom wheels used to be a HUGE part of Mountain biking 8 or so years ago, nowadays people stick to what the manufacturer gives them or goes prebuilt.

Dont forget a good set of tires as well, id recommend Maxxis hookworms.

Lmfao I'm at the point I'm about to order a set of 21 inch dirt bike wheels built by KKY or KKE. But I really dont want fabricate my wheel dropouts to bolt the MX wheels in a bike.

Lmfao I'm at the point I'm about to order a set of 21 inch dirt bike wheels built by KKY or KKE. But I really dont want fabricate my wheel dropouts to bolt the MX wheels in a bike.
if you'd like ive got an old 21" Kawasaki front wheel and tire setup laying around. Free99 if ya pay shipping lol

if you'd like ive got an old 21" Kawasaki front wheel and tire setup laying around. Free99 if ya pay shipping lol
That's the thing I got 3 Suzuki RM dirt bikes, all not running, could be running thou. I'm afraid they are going to be soo wide in the dropouts. If you dont mind what is measurement of the hub width. Idk I'm getting lost or loosing my mind just trying to source a set of wheels or a place that can build what I want.🤯🤯🤯 Worksman wheels are 10-12weeks out & they just got the 70mm drums would prefer 90mm drums if I'm buying new wheels. Thanks.

That's the thing I got 3 Suzuki RM dirt bikes, all not running, could be running thou. I'm afraid they are going to be soo wide in the dropouts. If you dont mind what is measurement of the hub width. Idk I'm getting lost or loosing my mind just trying to source a set of wheels or a place that can build what I want.🤯🤯🤯 Worksman wheels are 10-12weeks out & they just got the 70mm drums would prefer 90mm drums if I'm buying new wheels. Thanks.
ill let you know once I dig it out of my shed, i believe its 100mm or so for the hub itself?

Back