Rock Solid Engines laser-cut inlet gasket

112mm? That seems kinda short? I was thinking 120mm min.

Just double-checked, Paul. Yep 112mm. Stock studs are 107-108mm. (Mine are 107mm.) The RSE head is only 3mm deeper, so at 112 I've already allowed a couple of extra mm.

We are in no way associated with the funky intake gaskets. Just wanted to be clear on that! (yikes)

Ha ha, don't blame you. They're beauties, aren't they. That material is probably very useful for something. A pity that 'something' isn't inlet gaskets.

... Steve

OK 112mm it is, no problem.

It's a bit odd they didn't test them for the basics. The tougher nut is allowing for...how shall I say it......different engines.....

112mm? That seems kinda short? I was thinking 120mm min.

The other thing that Jim didn't mention - not all engines have the exact bore (imagine that?!). We thought we had accommodated all 67cc (80) engines....and to be honest Al.Fisherman is the only customer that ever had a problem and we have sold 300+ HG's.

PS: We are in no way associated with the funky intake gaskets. Just wanted to be clear on that! (yikes)

LOL 300 + and I'm the one that gets 2 or 3 POS head gaskets....:(:(:(:(

Rock Solid

Hows it going AussieSteve its mick64 here im from SA and have bought parts from Tony before One problem I had was a Dellorto style carby from Tony that was ment to inprove power ect NO good ran **** tried differant jets no good I bought a Stage 1 HP motor from Rock solid Engines 48cc runs fantastic cant fault it and a 40tooth rear sprocket with a carrier sits on 50kmh no problem What motor are you putting your new parts on (cc) one of Tonys ? Thanks mick64

Last edited:
Howdy Mick. A couple have had problems with the Dellorto clone. I stuck with the stock NT carb, rejetted and properly sealed.
My engine isn't an RSE one. It came from ZBox - 66cc, new series, just under 400km on the clock. I've got a stock 44T rear sprocket and can just hold 50kph, but it's revving pretty hard so I usually stick to 40 or less. I only weigh 50kg, though.
I've already had my say elsewhere lately, but I had trouble with a few things from Tony and won't be dealing with him in the future.

... Steve

Z Box motors

Howdy again Aussie Steve Ive had 3 motors from (Warren) Z Box 2 were good one not so good all 48cc motors the bad one was so gear noisey you could hear me coming KMS away but it kept going and still does Not bad motors never hade one let me down Ive been riding one to work MB 48cc ZBox for 4yrs now 26kms every day good fun What state do you live in? How many bikes do you have? I only weigh 57kgs has its advantages been thin bike goes faster only had one accident got hit by a 4x4 went over bonnet and broke my arm Ill catch you later PM me back with any questions Thanks mick64 PS HAPPY RIDING

Back