Rse reed help

No high rpm? Running rich on the main is a possibility. Drop the float level to see if it improves.
Trying to run the carb on an angle will give all sorts of wonky problems. Better to level the carb first.
I've been down that road.

Original installation:
225869_10150236711910803_173450_n.jpg

Leveled carb:
577964_10150946178720803_1550763841_n.jpg

It even seemed to make my chain work better!

Steve

I will level carb those forks on there are for a 26 tire so they can extend about a foot higher that will level my carb
And i have high rpm but when going from a stop it seems to flood almost no power at all but once it gets going it screams hills kill it to im thinking i need to drill more holes in piston but i could b wrong ill drop the float some and see where im at(if i can pop the bowl off i had to jb weld it because it leakd bad)

Last edited:
I had a similar problem when I first installed my reed valve. Turned out to be a vacuum leak at the mating surface to the cylinder. In my instance the engine fins were tall enough near the intake to prevent the reed valve from fully seating; bolts torqued tight... to the fins. Nearly drove myself batty for an hour thinking it was a jetting issue. Thankfully a few minutes with a file and a gasket upgrade were the fix.

Back