Sabrina-II has come a long way, baby!

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by augidog, Aug 13, 2008.

1. augidog

augidog Banned

for those who know her, i sure hope you like the latest chapter...for those who don't know s-2, trust me it's been one heck of a ride. can i get 40mph on the slat-flats with this tanaka-32? i think yes, but barely...good enuff, the fun's in being there. altho there's still some lettering on the way, she's complete & ready for the final push :cool:

Attached Files:

2. astring

astring Member

sweet ride, what tires are you running?

3. graucho

graucho Active Member

Now your cookin with bacon grease. WOW! she even looks leaner and FASTER.
    I am only doing 26 with my stock R/S so im sure 40 seems fast. Great job!
    Plenty to be proud of. The days are counting down. Im sure your skins starting
    to crawl. graucho.

4. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

40 mph! With no suspension!?!? Look out for pebbles Buddy!

5. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

One lean, mean, green, machine.

6. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Looks way cooler in green, looks like professional paint. 40mph is **** fast especially with a 32cc. What kinda RPM are you hitting when you bring her up that high? This really makes me want to see what a tle43 with ups can do :)

7. Bigwheel

Bigwheel Member

Looks plenty salty enough to me. Good job and congrats on keeping your dream alive! Good luck at Bonneville.

8. JE

JE Guest

Looks good Augie.Seems like yesterday we where cutting her inhalf and adding 13 inches to the middle of her.Can't wait to see her in person.

9. augidog

augidog Banned

the tires are lightweight cheapos, "road-slicks" with a bit of tread (26 X 1.95), i don't trust the salt to forgive a mistake with 1.50's...all i need is for them to survive for 10 miles total, and being light and thin-skinned they're nicely balanced.

so, i really liked the stretched-out stance...until i put the leathers & helmet on, that is. i just can't make a good bicyclist's tuck in those things. i'm bringing the bars back up where they belong & raising the seat a bit. we're considering a last-minute windshield, i have some lexan to work with. more updated pics soon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  10. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

I love the look of the bike - although it'd kill my back in short order.

I managed to get 35mph out of my standard 32cc GEBE with a tuned pipe - and that is with a sit up and beg seating position.

where on earth did you get those green pedals and what RPMs is the engine peaking at?

Jemma xx

11. beach cruzin

beach cruzin Guest

Ya!!buddy she's a sweet ride I'm here to tell ya rolls soooooo smooth and looks & ride's awesome!! nice job bro!

12. augidog

augidog Banned

lemme tella ya about my bicycle :)

it's a plain-jane men's 5-speed "key-largo" cruiser made by miami bike supply late 80's.

it's stretched and laid-low compliments of dan (iRide Customs)

it's all about the bicycle 1st...so i kept the heavy-duty 1-pc steel crank but added a 52t chainring. 2 lengths of "pyramid" nickle-plated chain. the fork is off the diamondback (bluto) we ground the v-brake fittings off. the stem & bars are off an early 80's "usa" huffy & are genuine "wald." the wheels are velocity "triple-v"/sturmey-archer drum front/shimano coaster rear. everything (except ft sealed bearings) is goo'ed with "stay-lube" high-temp. she's a roller alright, and a sturdy one.

button-tuck leather banana courtesy of zomby builder...it's the only thing making that ungodly crouch bearable :shock:

the bling was very easy, jemma, but also quite lucky :D

ebay. "lizard-skin" grips. "wellgo" bmx pedals off some kid's bike, circa mid 80's, they still had that crumbly cellophane on 'em, brand new.

i love my bicycle!

(oh, yeah...the engine-stuff...hehe)

right now, i have my tanaka 33 doing 13500 no-load, mid-9's loaded...37-38mph. next week i'll have time to try gearing down for more rpm's. i also have a stock tanaka 40 enroute, HP carby sittin' here waiting.

:cool:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  13. JemmaUK

JemmaUK Guest

I'd be interested to see what your bike would do with a tuned pipe on it.

Mine is making about 35mph flat out on long straights and the engine is absolutely standard apart from the pipe. I am still using the Nitro addition on the fuel. First time start every time :) saves my poor hands.

If I have gained 3mph (10%) top end on a relatively tight engine you might be looking at 10-11% so maybe 42mph flat out. The only issue I can see is the added drag it would make. Although, since it would be behind your leg.. I doubt it would make much difference.

I dont know what my engine is doing RPM wise - Im thinking maybe 8500-9000 full power.

Both of these two bikes are making the same speeds as the 98cc Villiers autocycles which considering they are less than 1/3rd the displacement is pretty impressive.

I think the high performance carb might squeeze a little more performance out of my bike, but to be honest I have enough performance that I can cruise at reasonable speeds. I dont think I need any more performance for sensible use.

14. augidog

augidog Banned

graphics!

thank you, mark in NM!!
    MVC-432F.JPG MVC-434F.JPG MVC-435F.JPG MVC-436F.JPG

tomorrow, over to don's for the windshield :cool:

15. Zev0

Zev0 Member

WOW Dog, just danged WOW!!! I'm speechless. Great job by all contributors.

Does that tuned pipe help much?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  16. JE

JE Guest

She looks fast standing still Augie.can't wait to see her this weekend.

17. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

18. That is really nice, Augi!

I love that color.

19. Scottm

Scottm Guest

:shock:Holy Motoredbikes!! That's quite a transformation. I thought it was hard to improve on something great, but that's awesome!

Great job Augi:cool:

20. ozzyu812

ozzyu812 Member

Poor Bluto

The bike is great, but at what cost? Please tell me it didn't cost Bluto his life :cry: