SBP - Expansion Chamber Pipe

Discussion in 'Dealer Advertisements' started by Pablo, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Houston we have lift off. Gaskets have arrived.

Without further delay, we finally have the pipe for sale. $64.95

Please have a look. Thanks. To ALL of you who asked for so many months, our humble apologies.

SBP Expansion Chamber Exhaust Pipe

I hate to see these beauties leave the shop. We have been real buddies the last months.:jester:

2. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

Any chance of photo of it on a bike? I love my kickstand so I would have to consider it the exhaust will work with a center stand.
  3. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

Basically just like this except the silencer is just a little shorter.

Attached Files:

4. Pablo

You can fab a lot of different hangers.....I have a low mount brake, and I still used the center....but I could have not used that hanger all together or used the down tube. These are some proto shots from last year.

Attached Files:

5. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

Going to have to think it thru but based on the pics I know that I CAN park in the garage LOL, the sign says so.
  6. ozzmonaut

ozzmonaut New Member

muffler mods

I seriously hope I am not kicking up old dirt because I have typed muffler and every term for modification or upgrade into the search. I am currently setting up a 56cc poulan for friction drive and I need the muffler to be quieter and hopefully more powerful than the stock muffler (56cc requires me to dodge questions from local authorities). My jc higgins has a weedeater motor with a giant cannister muffler similar to what is on a riding mower, but it is all part of a kit sold by sears in the 60's-70's so it came that way. Does anyone know if there are any companies making better mufflers for stock saw bolt patterns, or even better, how much work would be involved in fitting one of those expansion mufflers a couple of posts above to a poulan, and would it work proper for 56cc? Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.
  7. jlebh1

jlebh1 Member

do you know if the pipe will work with a schwinn stingray type bike?

Attached Files:

8. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Pablo! SBP has impressed me with a few innovations that I've coveted.

but that expansion chamber/muffler is a true must have.

Right now I've gotta shell out about a hundred bucks for some new wheels. But not too long after that..............I can't hardly wait.
  9. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I got mine ordered! I'm sure it'll work great on my bike and with the high compression head (another must have), I'll finally have the ultimate machine.
  10. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

Well, it is either going to fit or not. I will find out soon.

PS Those crank arms are to replace my little short ones from the GGG motor.

Darn, I hate efficient web SW it changed my age, and sent me a birthday card even.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  11. Pablo

It's hard to say....looks like your chain may be in the way, but it also looks like you could bracket/clamp your way around it.
  12. Pablo

OK now I'm you don't really need the right freewheel threads??:confused:

We will make you a killer deal on two lefts. (ie send you a refund):detective:
  13. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

I and other enquiring minds would like to know if your sick exhaust
    will fit on a cruiser bicycle like a Schwinn Jaguar, Point Beach , etc

Do you have any pic's of piped cruisers?
  14. Pablo

No pics that I know of - but the cool thing it will fit a cruiser, or rather most cruisers because of the adaptability of the fittings.
  15. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

The motor is usually much lower on a cruiser than a mountain bike

Do you have to cut the exhaust tubing shorter to get the pipe
    tight up under the BB?
    If so, what effect would that have on the performance?
  16. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

I read the fitting instructions, cool.
    just a few questions.
    1. is the flange shape matched to the engines' exhaust port shape ?
    99.999 % you will say yes, but needs to be asked.

2. can it be made in rust proof/heat proof mat black rather than chrome, and if so does that make it a bit cheaper if it's not chromed ?

17. lordoflightaz

lordoflightaz Member

No I'm good. The GGG motor I got came with the 3 piece crank set (wide short crank arms). I looked around and the best deal I could find for crank arms was $40, the ones that came with the shift kit are just as good for less. I saw some beautiful ones at around $200, now that is a bit much, so since I was ordering the exhaust and I just ordered the arms as well.

When I do order the shift kit for the Skyliner, I just won't need crank arms, LOL, but I am still screwing around with it. (I am messing with a chain tension and clamshell sprocket connector.)

Blue Bike (shift kit) is doing great! I found a better match on paint for the tank, built a pannier, am finishing up a little cargo trailer that came up with (requirements were had to be able to haul a 30 pack of beer or 40lbs of dog food, and easy to connect to multiple bikes). I need to post new pics here and on my site.
  18. Ghost0

Ghost0 Guest

I mocked the pipe up on a Schwinn Point Beach and it fit just fine.

The exhaust header is round and unless you have a round exhaust port you will want to transition from whatever your exhaust port shape is to round. A couple of minutes with a Dremel and you will have it licked.
  19. Pablo

Guys just so everyone knows - we were shipping these like mad last week and are out of stock of these. We should be going again the middle of this week - Say Wed April 22, 2009 or so, we hope!
  20. Pablo

Attached Files:

• muff.JPG
      File size:
      311.3 KB