SBP expansion chamber

So what is this high temp silicone tubing you got at Napa? Direct link or even picture of part number? I need to pull off something here with my muffler and I'm having a hard time guaranteeing myself it's not going to leak and I don't want a completely permanent connection... Please and thanks.

So what is this high temp silicone tubing you got at Napa? Direct link or even picture of part number? I need to pull off something here with my muffler and I'm having a hard time guaranteeing myself it's not going to leak and I don't want a completely permanent connection... Please and thanks.
I use the blue silicone tube from napa http://www.napabeltshose.com/~/media/NAPA/Documents/NAPASiliconeHose Flyer.pdf

I haven't had to replace it since using it. The difference i have seen so far is it not getting brittle like the black tubing with the kit.
Not as brittle as quick, i should say.

http://www.napabeltshose.com/heavy-duty/hd-hose

I use the blue silicone tube from napa http://www.napabeltshose.com/~/media/NAPA/Documents/NAPASiliconeHose Flyer.pdf

I haven't had to replace it since using it. The difference i have seen so far is it not getting brittle like the black tubing with the kit.
Not as brittle as quick, i should say.

http://www.napabeltshose.com/heavy-duty/hd-hose
Holy crap 500 degrees that's crazy! Water boils in under half that lol what the hell of a kind of coolant other than straight oil would be capable of handling that heat?!

It will probably be way under 400 where I'll put it so we'll see I guess.

How is it coming along Marc W?
I went ahead and got the SBP pipe fitted to the 26" klunker since the 29'r bit the dust.
I see what you mean about cutting the J pipe. I did the same then lengthened the header pipe which i replaced the copper one with a steel pipe one.
I'll post some pictures tomorrow for you to check out.
With this set up the bottom end torque is there after 15 miles per hour, i really don't like that so i see alot of different modifications to this build :D
I cut 2 1/2" inches off the J pipe and seen a huge difference, not good.
Actually there is some good to it on my build i guess.
Anything from 15mph up to 29 mph is pretty quick, then up to 34 is another quick burst then it settles in like a balloon full of hornets :D
Keep us posted about your build Marc W :)
What happened to your 29er

What happened to your 29er
got pushed into a ditch by a driver that didn't even stop, snapped a lower frame arm and the upper was cracked and bent the rear wheel.
No telling how much more damage was done to the bike.
I got a few bruises and scratches, was pretty lucky since my body didn't hit the tree limbs in the ditch.
So the 29'r is no more. R.I.P. Genesis motorized 29'r :(

I had to do alot of sanding to get that flange that bolts to the cylinder about perfectly flat, it had leaks before now it doesn't.
Does yours fit without leaks onto your cylinder?

No it did not,I also had to do some sanding plus a new gasket but it works good now no leaks, sorry about your bike glad your ok

You could check out HPS-siliconehoses.com for a good selection of sizes and extreme heat ranges. They also carry some nice T bolt clamps. They even have a 500 deg. hose in a copper color. That's right COPPERRRR.

Tuning an expansion chamber exhaust is important.

Using all the SBP pipe pieces the SBP X-pipe is tuned to a 48cc engine.
To tune it to a 66cc cut the strait cooper piece in half so the connecting pipes butt together over it.

It's all a matter of timing.

expansion_chamber.gif

And it's OK to spray paint the whole thing with high temp paint.

2_WiteRaceLeft-1280.jpg

SunCrusherExhaust.jpg

2_GrayTrek48JSl.jpg

Modifying the pipe in any other way, like I did here, will only help a little if any.

2_66ccTouch7R.jpg

Hope that helps.

You could check out HPS-siliconehoses.com for a good selection of sizes and extreme heat ranges. They also carry some nice T bolt clamps. They even have a 500 deg. hose in a copper color. That's right COPPERRRR.
I looked but only finding a pukey orange color... Where is this copper you speak of?

Back