SBP shift kit design ripped off already

I'm really disappointed in DAX. Although they didn't copy the product and are simply selling a product available for import from China, there actions, while legal, are unethical.

Dax, shame on you.

Well, a topic that pretty much has unified the forum, although it is unfortunate that our friends from SBP have to suffer for it. Also, thanks to Mr. Hough for explaining a few terms that I am not an authority on. And Ghost0, that is a welcome comment, glad to see your input. Mike, now I have a new topic to investigate. :cry:

I have come up with an idea or two myself, and didn't bother to patent them. Sometimes I have almost kicked myself for not following up, but this situation makes me believe that I may have been right.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's an old saying that you can't keep a good man down. We all know where these ideas came from and we should be able to recommend to fellow riders, that for quality go to SBP. That said, I don't think the SBP guys are going to waste much time crying over what's happened, after all the days of the HT are numbered. There's going to be a new day, a day driven by frame mount 4 strokes, to take advantage of and innovate for. In the next two years, nobody's going to want a HT, even if they could get one.

These little contraptions are very unique and will become the next new wave of personal transportation. There is currently nothing that can be driven under power and still be as easy to pedal as a MB. The perfect multi purpose mode of transportation. If you don't believe me, grab a moped and take a five mile pedal ride.

Atleast put your name on the product and patent your name and when someone buys from you they see your name on in and know that its good quality,so if any one rips out cheap lower quality ones,it wont have your name on it and people will know that its lower quality and they will buy from you instead,unless they just want a cheaper one and then you will have to just compete with them and we will have lower prices for all to afford without a 400% profit markup.

But when its between SBPs and dax you would only save $10 plus free shipping with the China knockoff dax is selling,so i would go with the SBPs one, thats only until i see a big diffrence in price (like half price) then i will go with the cheapest one.

Last edited:
Hi Kerf,

You are completely correct! SBP is already working on adapting their product line for the 4-stoke future.

Last year they requested one of our drives in order to engineer the necessary parts to fit EZM's product line.

We sent the requested drive right away because we "trusted" them and knew they were honest, hard working, and care about the future of Motorbikes.

Have fun,

Hey fellas - do we know for a fact that the kit DAX is selling is made in China? After all, it could be reproduced here just as easily.

Pablo or Ghost0 - do you sell wholesale to MB vendors? If not, maybe it would be something to think about.

Yes I know the other kit is made in China per a statement by the other seller.

Of course we sell wholesale to other MB vendors and have had a lot of inquiries.

There was a post I saw which showed the Chinese website stuff. There even was a pic of the exact blue SBP bike showing the kit!
Don't remember where I saw it though.

Back