Screaming noise at about 20-25 MPH

Ok, yeah-- that worked. The cardboard thing works well too.

So now that my motor turned over easier this time, does that mean I have to pull up the choke anytime I don't ride for days? Or did that fix the problem for a certain amount of time, or what?

If your motor is cold it usually requires the choke to start. Once running push the choke lever back down. If it dies, repeat and let the motor idle with the choke on for a bit (warm it up).
If the motor is warm there should be no need to choke. If choking makes your warm engine makes it run better you need to adjust your carb.
All the choke does is block off a bit of the air coming into the motor, richening the mix.

Long story short, sounds like your motor needs to be choked anytime it hasn't been ridden for a while, this is how it should be and why you have a choke. Once the motor is warm it will start easy.

Great! Thanks for that info. I've had my HT for a while, but I ride probably once every 2 or 3 days. Sometimes only once a week or every 2 weeks. So not too often. Work keep me too busy. :( :( :(

Back