<<< Sick Bikes Felt Red Barron Cruiser >>>

alright!!!! I am finally finished... It took forever (well actually four solid days and a couple of weeks on the net and waiting for shipping) but it is actually done. I had the nuvinci hub laced into my wheel yesterday and installed it today. All I can say is... WOW!!!!! Besides making my bike way faster through the higher gear ratios, it has an unexpectedly much smoother power delivery. here is a list of what I have put on the bike in case anybody is interested...

2007 felt Red Barron cruiser
Zoombicycles 80cc engine kit
Sick Bikes deluxe jackshaft kit
Nuvinci CVP hub
Ridley Motorcycles front mount
upgraded plug and plug wire
upgraded fuel filter
upgraded air filter
Dual pull brake lever (no brakes yet)
Port matched intake and exhaust
(Wal-Mart) Bell leather tool bag
(Wal-Mart) Schwin rear bicycle rack
...a ton of red electrical tape

I would just like to thank Jim @ sick bikes for his help... he called even after we exchanged e-mails and solved my problems, just to make sure I was taken care of. I appreciate all comments, thanks for looking...

Attachments

• IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 57,872
  • IMG_2031.jpg
    IMG_2031.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 8,877
  • IMG_2033.jpg
    IMG_2033.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 3,280
  • IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,233
  • IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 2,259
Last edited:
Very nice looking bike indeeed Vtec. Don't know how you'll manage for brakes. Doesn't the pedal chain have to be really taught on the hub? I find the chain rides off the rear hub sprocket if it isn't really tight. But because you don't have to kick the wheel over to clear the tyre like how we do with the standard no- jackshaft rigs the pedal chain alignment is going to be better.

Very nice looking bike indeeed Vtec. Don't know how you'll manage for brakes. Doesn't the pedal chain have to be really taught on the hub? I find the chain rides off the rear hub sprocket if it isn't really tight. But because you don't have to kick the wheel over to clear the tyre like how we do with the standard no- jackshaft rigs the pedal chain alignment is going to be better.

yep you are right... it does have to be tight, in fact the torque pulls the wheel forwards slightly which makes the problem even worse. I made some custom chain tensioners out of some old bolts... that worked for a while but the chain stretched a little bit to how it was in that picture. Thats really why I haven't ridden it in a while (well that and my kick-a** mini bike that I built and cant stay off).

brakes really aren't a big deal, I dont ride the bike that often. I saw the video with the idiot that hit the pipe... I thought it was funny because there was a giant patch of grass if he would have just made a right instead of a left.

....brakes really aren't a big deal....

Heh, to each his own I guess.

Old boartrackers didn't have brakes either and the riders were probably content with that.

Then again, they were meant for the boardtrack, and it was way back then...

Reminds me of something an old friend told me:
"I used to fight forest fires when I was young, it payed real good. Back then when a guy went missing the crew leader would just walk into the bar with cash in hand and holler "we need another one!". Today they call everybody back and form a search party...." :rolleyes:

Irish John: Nice video, fitting music. Could be a MB promo video or something :D

Heh, to each his own I guess.

Old boartrackers didn't have brakes either and the riders were probably content with that.

Then again, they were meant for the boardtrack, and it was way back then...

Reminds me of something an old friend told me:
"I used to fight forest fires when I was young, it payed real good. Back then when a guy went missing the crew leader would just walk into the bar with cash in hand and holler "we need another one!". Today they call everybody back and form a search party...." :rolleyes:

Irish John: Nice video, fitting music. Could be a MB promo video or something :D

if I ride the red barron... it is always in the middle of the day when everybody is at school and work. Where I live is grated flat by heavy equipment... not many hills and miles of perfectly flat, empty, 4 lane roads to ride on as fast as I want... with no police interruption.

There are even a couple of really nice golf coarses where I live... if I wake up early enough nobody seems to care. (out of courtesy I ride the gebe townie on the golf coarse).

Last edited:
Back