Simpson 08 Racer

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by MotorbikeMike, May 28, 2007.

1. Hi I have alluded to it's exsistance I will try to upload a couple of "sightings" much like the Loch Ness Monster, there are rumors that this bike , like the Yeti, is not real, Mike
    318_08Bleft_1.jpg

318_08Rside_1.jpg

2. Xcelsior Board track Racer (customer 08)

Built by Tim from Solano County choppers, all parts from Simpson, except, white tires, and custom tool box, powder and graphics
    Mike

318_XCELSIO1_1.jpg

318_XCELSIOR_1.jpg

3. Vic Millhouse 08 Racer

Vic is a customer, painter by trade, built this bike, my prototype is in background, Mike

318_Vic08_1.jpg

318_Vic08a_1.jpg

4. My prototype 08

This is the pic I have put on some of my t-shirts, and the other pic is my daily driver a 2005 Whizzer Motorbike with just a few options on it. Setback seatpost, fendertips, right mirrot, Whizzer rear rack, and aftermarket saddlebags

318_My_Red_Whizzer_1.jpg

318_08_Tshirt_1.jpg

5. spunout

spunout Member

OMG, Mike...the tears in my eyes wont allow me to type much more 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) those bikes are beautiful!

6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

well, don't expect any help from me...i'm too busy freakin out, too :shock:

mike...nice work, it's great to have those motoredbikes on the forum, thanks a bunch 8)

7. retro_racer

retro_racer Guest

Mike,
    Those are cool I think were on the same page :grin: Heres a pic.of my little toy.

1028_HPIM0084_5.jpg

8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Sweet!!

9. OldPete

OldPete Guest

I really wanted an orange Flying Merkel...Dawg gone it!
    But the Excelsior will do, as long as the wheels are painted / striped to match and a large leather hairpin saddle is fitted.

The best I have ever seen. Fantastic! Please come back to us with a few Hanford pics(board track and veteran bikes please :) ) and report the warm reception these units are sure to receive. I saw Stephen Wright's two Cyclones at Hanford/Visalia in the '80s. One was streetable and we all got to see him ride it around.

10. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Mike! Glad to see you here at Motoredbikes.com!

This is Dan and I purchased a 48cc round head from you a month or two ago. We talk on the phone for quite a while about the Willamette Valley, sheep and just about everything else.

I don't know if you've seen what I am doing with your my engine kit so I'll just show you.

P.S.
    The 08 looks awesome!

Here is my project..

1194_HPIM0344_2.jpg

11. Thanks Guys!

Hi Guys, and thanks for the positive comments on my work. I should, sometime soon, have more pics from Tim at Solano County Choppers, as he has 4 more 08's one Indian Red, Harley od green, Cyclone Yellow, Cleveland blue (I think). Should be fun to see them, all powder and graphics done, all running new NE5 Whizzer drivetrains, and Worksman Wheelsets.
    I have one chassis left, and the blue one above for sale. Not sure about anything on the Model 10, except that I have my Prototype which I must begin to build, sadly it will need a longer belt in the rear, as that compartment is longer, not exactly what I had in mind.
    BTW my model 10 will have new Worksman alloys, rims powdered to match the bike, with SS spokes (durn things cost me more, but the powder guy says the aluminum rims will hold the powder better than the chrome and I wanted the ss spokes)
    Retro Racer I saw the black bike, even tho i could not make the link work, VERY NICE! Sadly, here in CA. I would not be able to put it on the street, as it's more that 2hp, and no pedals :cry: Must be a lot more powerful than the lil china-fires?
    Dan, nice ride, not an am, but very nice, did you build the frame? kind of a shame that the engine body is soo small, as it seems to be getting a little lost in that large frame? And of course, we know, that we are not allowed to use bigger engines, so here we are. I do wonder, however, what would that bike look like scaled down to 20" wheels, keeping the whole thing in porportion?
    Ol' Pete, I'm not sure if I will be going to Hanford, tho I will try, that is Tim's show, and I will stay out of his way as much as I possibly can.
    Sometimes I lack the drive to go out and work on these things as much as I should. Here is a sneak peek at prototype BTR engine

318_OHV_left_1.jpg

318_OHV_right_2.jpg

12. OldPete

OldPete Guest

delete comment: forget it but good luck anywho.

Mike, link pics below each other with a space, that will keep the post inline.
    Edit this post please.

13. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

augidog knows all, sees all :)

i fixed it up, pete, but that's a great pointer...pay attention to where the "img" tags are in your text, use the preview feature to check your work before hitting submit.

mike, you're rockin the house with your beauty bikes 8)

14. OldPete

OldPete Guest

15. jerryt

jerryt Guest

I've gotta Worksman bike

Whatchoo talkin bout Ol'Pete ??

16. OldPete

OldPete Guest

17. Sheave installation

Hi I dunno what sheaves, and what wheels you are used to doing, but the Worksman with Shimano coaster is a PERFECT fit with a Whizzer sheave, good enuf that it is almost exactly "self aligning" for trueness, Mike

18. OldPete

OldPete Guest

19. iRide Customs

iRide Customs Member

Re: Thanks Guys!

Thanks Mike! Yes I built the frame and made the gas tank too. I am going to have to make my own exhaust due to the very low mounting of the engine. I wish it was a Whizzer, then it might have looked a little more proportionate.

Thanks again for the Round head kit...I love it.

Dan

20. New Pics, Tim at SCC

Hi all, well Tim called tonite, and I got pics of the bikes that are headed to Hanford this Sunday. Wife and I will try to make it, but not sure yet.

318_REDX_1.jpg

318_YELLOWX_1.jpg

318_BLACKX_1.jpg

318_GREENX_5.jpg