Skyhawk Build Journal

So I thought I'd start a thread and do a kind of journal as I acquire parts and build this thing from the frame up. Right now, as you can see, I basically have just the frame. The headset cups are pressed and I installed a sealed bottom bracket with the help of an adapter. This will probably be a longer process due to funding but I will update as I go along. I think my next step will be a set of forks. I have a stem to mount once I get the forks.

Stop by and check out the progress from time to time. Thanks!

IMAG1268.jpg
IMAG1267.jpg

That wasn't the problem on mine, I opened the clutch cover and it seemed lubed up pretty well so i just left it alone.
The sprocket behind the clutch arm was lubed up pretty good too

I didn't check mag side

yeah from what I'm gathering its normal. Bummer!

It would drive me nuts. I would have to find out where the noise is coming from! :confused:
Well according to Jaguar its the primary and clutch gears makin the noise. He's said how it can be fixed or greatly reduced but I'm still waitin on some more info before I attempt to perform his fix lol.

I found the post just after my comment here. I read that differently though.. I think you have to fix everything you can and see which thing stops the noise! :rolleyes:
Seriously Jaguar's fix for the gear teeth sounds like a good idea.
I had that problem and fix on my own list already actually. It doesn't seem to come up often on the forum (perhaps people just accept it as a "normal" engine noise?).

Yeah this is my first Grubee and I thought skyhawk was like the king dingaling motor to have. It probably is "normal" but in my opinion, it shouldn't be.

Well I ordered a brand new 2016 skyhawk for this bike. I gave up on the other engine which I could not get to run right no matter what I tried. That one got sold on ebay lol. There's a guy on there that has bought 2 engines from me already..same guy lol.

I have really high hopes for this new one to perform as it should. We shall see...

I plan on running a sprocket adapter on my second build as well. I think they would be much better then the stock set up. I plan on getting one for build one first and try it then I will know from experience how well they work. Build 2 will not be rode till it is just like I want it so it could be a while. I all so think the adaptor is safer and my life is worth a heck of a lot more then $60.

Back