slow to accelerate/bogging out/unlocking speed I know is there

R

riding_joe

Hi all. I put on a zeda 80cc engine onto my beach cruiser about a month ago (been on 5-10 rides on it so far) and having some real trouble with how SLOW it goes! From videos and reviews I've seen of the stock engine, it seems like they all run faster/more efficient than mine. Everything from pickup from idle to top end speed. One fix I predicted would be to replace the NT carb with a HP carb. Heard the HP was a bit better, so I tried it out. I switched out the jet that came with it with a 65mm, tried 60mm and 62mm before that but didn't really notice a big difference between 62mm and 65mm. It runs a bit better, but not a huge difference. But the main problem is really the acceleration and getting it up to speed...takes so long. When I stop it's always a hit or miss whether I'll stall out, especially when giving it a little throttle from the start. Seems to bog out and get all gurgling when I idle and give it throttle. Super annoying since I live in a neighborhood with a bunch of stop signs lol. Tried messing around with the idle pin but hasn't really helped. Spark plug seems to look fine, it's coated like a dark grey (is that good or am I running rich?).

Welcome any and all thoughts! Thank you

Hi all. I put on a zeda 80cc engine onto my beach cruiser about a month ago (been on 5-10 rides on it so far) and having some real trouble with how SLOW it goes! From videos and reviews I've seen of the stock engine, it seems like they all run faster/more efficient than mine. Everything from pickup from idle to top end speed. One fix I predicted would be to replace the NT carb with a HP carb. Heard the HP was a bit better, so I tried it out. I switched out the jet that came with it with a 65mm, tried 60mm and 62mm before that but didn't really notice a big difference between 62mm and 65mm. It runs a bit better, but not a huge difference. But the main problem is really the acceleration and getting it up to speed...takes so long. When I stop it's always a hit or miss whether I'll stall out, especially when giving it a little throttle from the start. Seems to bog out and get all gurgling when I idle and give it throttle. Super annoying since I live in a neighborhood with a bunch of stop signs lol. Tried messing around with the idle pin but hasn't really helped. Spark plug seems to look fine, it's coated like a dark grey (is that good or am I running rich?).

Welcome any and all thoughts! Thank you
Yes someone on here besides me will help. I would say leave the Nt or hp carburetor stock jet in. The Nt will have a 70 stock and hp 78. Chose one to use. So now work on getting it to idle right.Then you fix that. Then after break in done. It still idles right. Go from there. The idle will tell you a lot. More than likely air leaks will be there if it dies and won’t idle smoothly. Shoot a picture of bike and engine so we know what we are helping you with. Also I’m not trying to be an ass but jetting like that can ruin your motor specially it has an air leak which make it lean and then you’re leaning it with jets. Fix the idle so it runs smoothly and doesn’t die.That’s the most important thing.

Yes someone on here besides me will help. I would say leave the Nt or hp carburetor stock jet in. The Nt will have a 70 stock and hp 78. Chose one to use. So now work on getting it to idle right.Then you fix that. Then after break in done. It still idles right. Go from there. The idle will tell you a lot. More than likely air leaks will be there if it dies and won’t idle smoothly. Shoot a picture of bike and engine so we know what we are helping you with. Also I’m not trying to be an ass but jetting like that can ruin your motor specially it has an air leak which make it lean and then you’re leaning it with jets. Fix then idle so it runs smoothly and doesn’t die.That’s the most important thing.
Thanks I’ll send a picture when I’m back home. I went with the 65 bc I saw bike berry recommended that with the HP. But I’ll try a 70

Hp carburetor more than likely will be a 78 stock jet. You will have to check that china sometimes throws other size on them. I would do this take the Nt carburetor stock jet put it in the hp carburetor which should be a 70 and try that. Then get a decent idle which hp aren’t great for getting a perfect idle . You want to keep it running on idle not dieing. Then go from there.

Those HP carbs seem to never ever work right. If you get them to idle they have issues past half throttle. If you make it good past half throttle they idle like crap, bog, and stall a lot.

Those HP carbs seem to never ever work right. If you get them to idle they have issues past half throttle. If you make it good past half throttle they idle like crap, bog, and stall a lot.
What would u do? Scrap the HP and go with the stock NT?

Back