"smartcarb" 25mm on grubee engine's 19mm intake?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by jatgm1, Aug 2, 2016.

1. jatgm1

jatgm1 Member

2. I think you can get an adapter for that. If not start shopping the Home Depot plumbing aisle you'll find something to MacGyver it.

3. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

kinda foolish to think about buying a $450 carburetor when ones around $100 give you the most performance you can get out of a carburetor

4. jatgm1

jatgm1 Member

when you consider the added bonus of it working well and having better performance with the fact that the engine is tiny and already just slightly larger than what is legal in my state, y0u would essentiall have a bike that looks legal but hauls ass. i likely wont add this, however its food for thought, since its easy to adjust, you can use it to quickly switch mixture, like if you were to fill the tank with another fuel. idk how much it can adjust the mixture, but it seems interesting to look into.

5. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

Walboro carbs are almost the exact same thing.

6. IT says rite in the secription that they selll adapter foe it

7. gary55

gary55 Active Member

Makes me want to rig a adapter to mount a 850 center squirter on a stock 225 slant 6. It is a dam nice looking carb though.

8. Frankenstein

Frankenstein Active Member

Toothpaste commercial

9. gary55

gary55 Active Member

Look mom no cavities!

10. jatgm1

jatgm1 Member

i looked up walboro carbs, deffinately a better idea, no float bowl, so i can ride my bike upside down so long as it gets fuel, and supposedly a better top end. where do you get kits though? or which carb will fit?

11. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

They are chainsaw carbs that are fully adjustable...

I'm not sure where to get them at. Fellow forum member Fabian has done multiple YouTube videos on them, he seems very happy with the results.

12. gary55

gary55 Active Member

JNMotors

13. jatgm1

jatgm1 Member

im aware their chainsaw carbs, i just was not sure what needs to be done to make it work on my bike as im not fully educated as to what they are or how they operate. is it only a barrel adapter that is needed? so it will fit on? and i assume the gasket for the carb will fit the barrel adapter? would anyone mind directing me either toward fabians profile or youtube channel? i assume their is more than one fabian on here.

14. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

15. gary55

gary55 Active Member

Ausis need a whole sentence for a synonym, Ya I can do it.

16. butre

butre Well-Known Member

billet is only good for prototyping and low volume builds. in a production application it's weaker than forging, heavier than casting, and loads more expensive than either. the only place I'll take billet is where the surface has to be perfectly smooth (doesn't totally omit casting, but omits the casting I can do at home) and the production volume doesn't justify spending that much on tooling for forging