SoCal ride June 14th 2009

One week from today!

The big MB gathering will be a week from today.
Everyone get your bikes dialed in and bring em down.

It sounds like fun. Just a few questions though. Where in the park will we be meeting and when will the meet be starting and ending?

The location will be put on here tonight or tues . it will be near the entrance at studebaker and spring but exact local will follow soon. it will be from noon to 3.30 or so.

Where in the Park?

The location will be put on here tonight or tues . it will be near the entrance at studebaker and spring but exact local will follow soon. it will be from noon to 3.30 or so.

Here it is mid day on Sat. 6-13 and still no location within the park for this event?, other that stated above? Its been awhile since I've been to Eldorado Park but I seem to remember that this is a pretty large Park with several entrances and exits?

sdol

park location

ok, heres the location, if coming from the oc Katella becomes willow when you get near the park. the entrance is the first one north of Willow ON Studebaker. when entering stay to the right There is a paid entrance left which we are trying to stay away from. from there stay straight and you should see us. (i havnt been there in A LONG TIME AND I AM GOING ON WHAT SOMEBODY WHO SCOUTED IT OUT FOR ME) for more detailed instructions you call 714.341.7998 anytime between now and tomorow.

Bring some drinks and snacks if your gonna hang for a while, the chow guy i had lined up bailed at the last minute but i dont think anyone really cares about that to much. its all about the bikes.

just google el dorado park long beach to see how to go from your local.
its near the 605

see you tomorow............Rockvoice
p.s. i will be checking this every few minutes to answer any other questions

more info

From E Willow St turn north on Studebaker Rd that runs North / South on the west
side of where we are meeting

Turn east into the first driveway then bear right down to the bottom section above
Willow St
The small 2 lane 15 mph road dead ends at a maintainence area and we will be down in
this general FREE area

E Spring St is the East / West street to the north of the FREE area where we are meeting

Todays the day!

Hey all, Today's the day for SoCal MB'ers to get together.
June gloom is in full effect so it wont be hot (just hope no rain like yesterday)

Note! since the hot dog guy bailed at the last minute, bring your drinks and snacks .

Hey guy's, (and Gals) there will be a vendor there with parts if anyone needs anything. he is also gonna give away a cnc 35 tooth sprocket (put all names in a hat) and a copper exhaust gasket . i will be there by 11 so see ya there

El Dorado Bike Meet

Thanks for the invite we met some really nice people and got to see a lot of great looking bikes to bad we did not have the bar-b-que as planned Raully my partner suggested that the next ride possibly start at Irvine Lake which is in the city of Orange and ride down to Cooks corner a local hang out for the Harley guys and then ride back it is a long stretch to really open up the bikes approx 15 miles it is in the country and is on a nice paved road.
We could then have a Bar-b-que at the park it is a really nice place and has a lot of roads to ride around we could make the bar-b-que pot luck w/ everyone bringing a little of something , Hope we can do something again soon and remember if you are ever in Huntington Beach look us up Thanks again.
Thanks for putting a date on the ride.
June 14th is the 2nd Sunday of the month.

I will post more details about El Dorado park and where to meet soon,
maybe even a map :D It is a great park with lots to do and right off
a river trail that goes from the sea to way up in Montebello? OK, it is really just a concrete lined channel but don't get near it when it rains......

I will be bringing my EZ bike, just gotta get it built :D

Looking to have a huge gathering so you have a months notice now..
Hoping to see a lot of you guys from San Diego to Santa Barbara

I was at the park on Sunday, I liked seeing what other people have built.

On the subject of a group ride, the only problem with riding the road between Irvine Lake and Cook's Corner is there is lots of traffic and the cars whizzing by inches away are going 60+ mph.
Would be cool to do a ride, but maybe on streets with less traffic and slower speed limits.

Back