Some more pics of my boardtrack bike.

702_00920021_2.jpg

702_00920022_1.jpg

702_00920023_2.jpg

what did u upgrade on it to make it do 40-43 mph? and how much upgrade did u do to the bike to make it sturdy cuz mine kinda gets vibrating when i get up to speed?

I run the motor without an air filter...which I don't really recomend, and an open exhaust. I also use Power Plus synthetic race oil with 93 octane gas. I had the biggest improvement in power after switching to the race oil. Tuning two stroke motors is another factor...what was good one day with ajustments could be different the next depending on the temp and humidity of the day. These motors always seem to run best right before they blow up. The frame you see in the photos has been through alot of abuse. It has been a mountain bike, a chopper, and for the last three years a motorbike. The frame has an extended mount welded to the rear triangle of the frame, so only the front of the seat mounts to the seat tube while the rear springs mount to the extended frame. Well the welds on the custom part of the frame is solid, but the factory welds on the seat tube and cantilever tubes are not. So I have cracks, and busted welds in those areas of the frame. Some gussets and some re-enforced welds should fix these areas. Your motor should get smoother with time.

That's awesome. I love motorbikes that are styled more after real motorcycles than bicycles with motors. Take the pedals off and add foot pegs. Unless that's illegal there.

I'm in the process of turning my bike into as much of a motorcycle as possible. Police around here are ok with it too, its not terribly loud, and I ride safe. Plus I know some cops personally, so it's great.

Love the way you tilted your handlebars, makes an interseting riding position, may do that to the next bike I build.

board track racers

It looks like you,and I have the same idea of what our bikes should look like.I love the look of the old board track racers.Im a new member here so you may have not seen my bike yet.Its in the gallery too.Good job on your bike.

Thanks guys, I'm in the process of rebuilding the bike right now, with better rear drop outs. The rear wheel will sit about 3 or 4 inches further back after the work is done and will have a gas tank that will rest under the top tube. The other project is a 200cc v-twin lifen powered board track with a one off frame patterned off an excelsior or flying merkel board track motocycle from 1916.

lifen

You,and I realy do think alike.I had that same idea with the same lifen twin.I havent been able to find a twin yet,but have found plenty of upright singles ranging from 125cc to 200cc race motors.All were the china verson of the Honda single,and 4 speeds.They would be great to use,they have plenty of places to mount to the frame.The motors are rather small at the lower end so the older style v bottom frames would work perfect.Plus they use the same chain parts that the smaller china bicycle motors do.So with little work you could use your same drive sprocket set up onthe rear wheel.

Boardtrackin'

Me Three! Boardtracker is on to something here and I'd like to do a concurrent build in the same style so at some piont we can have some exibition races! Bring back the 20's boardtrack racing for real... The 200cc Lifan is screaming to be stuffed into a frame I tell ya'.

Pictures

If you guys should need some pictures to stare at for ideas on your board trackers.Let me know I have several.We could allways swap some pictures.I'm always looking for some new ones.

I have an triumph 250cc unit motor with 4speed trans. I don't think a bicycle frame would be strong enough to handle this engine, but I think about it.

Back