Spark plug gap

Karl unsnarl this into something ? Smolik does the KTM setup on the billet cases... I'm going to study wiring diagrams and eliminate everything but the sparky and use the TZ HD 12v fattest stator and good magnet ... The timing trigger has me baffled...
Easiest way would be one of those scooter cdi's, and just add a hall sensor. You wouldn't have 12v, or any power unless you used a sizable magnet. A simple disk of aluminum with a nice neo magnet embedded in it should work perfect.

Grubee has a buzz on over there Comanche 460 52mm that I was looking at but $500 ? Cheaper than the parts separate I sure they could do a nikasil ms660 that's 54mm there are 38mm stroke... I don't like grubee 3 spring clutch... Why Im into the RDM setup... Sweet set up... I'm thinking it's the case Reid gt 90 bottom the gt5a crank
$325
$400

I want i want

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Easiest way would be one of those scooter cdi's, and just add a hall sensor. You wouldn't have 12v, or any power unless you used a sizable magnet. A simple disk of aluminum with a nice neo magnet embedded in it should work perfect.
I'll figure something out and bounce it around the moped and RC motor forums... I've got a super rat motor that's a 17mm shaft and theirs a moped with some thing close... I really want to see if it can be done with off the shelf stuff or looking like something it's not... I thought about points and condenser the original Russian probably had ... Make timing and dwell adjustments

I'll figure something out and bounce it around the moped and RC motor forums... I've got a super rat motor that's a 17mm shaft and theirs a moped with some thing close... I really want to see if it can be done with off the shelf stuff or looking like something it's not... I thought about points and condenser the original Russian probably had ... Make timing and dwell adjustments
Really the scooter cdi box with the hall sensor pick up is the easiest. You just spin the disk till you find your timing spot ( little more than that, but you get me), and they are programmable ones out there for decent prices. Just need power is the only downside.

Really the scooter cdi box with the hall sensor pick up is the easiest. You just spin the disk till you find your timing spot ( little more than that, but you get me), and they are programmable ones out there for decent prices. Just need power is the only downside.
The battery is easy... LoL the range would be limited to the size and how much it used...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220120-190344.png
    Screenshot_20220120-190344.png
    197.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot_20220120-190230.png
    Screenshot_20220120-190230.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot_20220120-190210.png
    Screenshot_20220120-190210.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Screenshot_20220120-190137.png
    Screenshot_20220120-190137.png
    192 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20220120-190116.png
    Screenshot_20220120-190116.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_20220120-190259.png
    Screenshot_20220120-190259.png
    323 KB · Views: 148
Hey guys looks like I was running rich still
I'm running a .60 main and now a .026 or 7 gap
It ran great gotta go threw a speed trap to see the top speed
It does feel like it wants more spark so ima bring it to about .030 or 35, I remember someone said that would be max gap

It does feel like it wants more spark so ima bring it to about .030 or 35, I remember someone said that would be max gap
There's no set min or max really it's what it likes... Go up till it starts to fall off then back to where it likes it... Same as the jetting and all that there's a sweet spot... And everything changes a little with all the variables.... It's a constant game of not so good better not so good and back to better... Knowing the base line or middle of the road is where it's at

There's no set min or max really it's what it likes... Go up till it starts to fall off then back to where it likes it... Same as the jetting and all that there's a sweet spot... And everything changes a little with all the variables.... It's a constant game of not so good better not so good and back to better... Knowing the base line or middle of the road is where it's at
If we get technical, there is a formula to calculate spark energy in such a medium as we use. They use it when they are designing ignition systems. I can't tell you that formula, but I assure you they don't just widen the gap and see if it helps. They have min and max recommendations because they spent a ton of money figuring it out.

If we were running HEI system, pumping out 500,000 volts, a big gap would be ok. We have 250v coils feeding a tiny cap that feeds a baby transformer. You have to remember these are baby engines. lol

Back