Engine Trouble spark plug shot out of head

I think it's due to it being colder out today,but i put the other cdi on the bike and tried it out and got nothing using full and half choke.

I think it's due to it being colder out today,but i put the other cdi on the bike and tried it out and got nothing using full and half choke.

I put the first cdi back on and its back to turning over but not starting rather than ni ignition at all. i really dont have this weekend ill be able to get a torque wrench so i can be accurate with the tightening head.

i did that last and most dangerous thing one can do to start their MB, I tied a rope to my bike and the other end to a nieghbors motorcycle and had him tow me around thr block about ten times. the engine didn't start.

have you replaced the stator coil?
actually before you do that you need to make sure the ground path to the crankcase is good (at the 4 screws)

yes i did that and checked the ground still nothing. this is becoming stupid. the spark is good(ngk bp6hs plug) its getting air. Is it possible to get vapor locked? the carb I'm using i tested on a neighbors engine and didnt adjust it at all, it fired right up.i could test my coils in his bike. IF i have spark though then the coil shouldbe fine... or a get the seller to replace the kit if they are willing.

the stator coil can be partially shorted and outputting just enough voltage to generate a spark when the plug is outside of the combustion chamber, but not enough when inside it.

this engine kit has every design trick in the book to make it low power so it can pass gov't regulations;
crappy carb
restrictive porting
low compression
extra ring drag from two thick rings (many racers have one thin ring)
low crankcase compression
excessive spark timing advance
and, last but not least- weak stator coil

IS there some one who makes a better stator coil? it looks like they are going to send me another kit and i dont have to sent this one back!!!

Last edited:
coils are pretty much the same quality everywhere, but you got really lucky on the kit - never heard of getting a free kit - who was the seller?

Back