Sportsman Flyer Build

• Thread starter Deleted member 25783
  • Start date
EZ-matic transmission back plate I made. Still a few holes to add. It seems stiff enough but 1/2 x 1/2 6061 stiffener bars can be screwed to the straight sides if needed. Next will the engine cradle for the loop frame. Intake manifold and exhaust manifold stub were ordered this last Tuesday.

Attachments

• DSCN0664.JPG
    DSCN0664.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 317
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a rear facing intake manifold and flanged exhaust stub ordered and paid for $35.
AGK was out of stock.

Nice, nice. It is taking shape! Cool to see the parts come in and step by step build guide. Found this guy on YouTube; 212cc Predator engine and guy is wearing a Predator (from movies) helmet or mask, LOL. One thing, I always wonder is that this guy and others in the Southwest race these bikes on closed tracks. I wonder if they have any tips or build guides out there. Their stuff sure are impressive.

The dude is ugly as hell but he's flying! I know in California where MB's are not street legal for environmental reasons.
Racing on closed circuit tracks is what they do. You will have to search some of the other MB forums.

Manifold parts came in the mail Saturday, tubing has to be trimmed and welded to the flanges.
I have to decide whether to use the stock carb. or purchase a 19mm Mikuni. I have searched many forums and have yet to find definitive specs on the Mikuni.

Sportsman Flyer style cradle engine mount to be made this coming weekend. The transmission assy. turned out good.

Saturday AM I ordered tires from Wheel & Sprocket in Appleton, Wi and SS flexible exhaust tubing from McMaster Carr.

I got in touch with Pat Dolan of Sportsman Flyer this week and had him invoice me for his excellent 79cc Predator Engine Mount System. I also ordered his tank graphics.
The engine mount will get this build going. With the engine mounted it will allow me to set up the rest of the drive train and hope I get no surprises.
Also, tires and SS flex tubing arrived.
I still have to finish gov. removal before I forget how to reassemble the engine.
AGK has a great video on the 79cc Predator. I learned things not found in the owners manual.

Another "What the heck " today. After pulling 6 hrs overtime came home, tapped out the head bearing cups in the Worksman Drop loop frame and intended to install the Monark supplied bearing cups. Nope. Monark bearing cups are 1/32" or .75mm smaller on the OD ( 1.312 VS 1.281" ) than presses into the head. I knew from the start that challenges would arise.
But this is stupid. It seems my only logical recourse is to machine custom bearing cups that accept Monark bearing and press fit into the Worksman frame head. Producing a tubular shim for the Monark bearing cups even though my machinery could do it. I don't have the steel which would have to be 4140 pre hard to withstand the turning forces 1.312" min. OD 1.281 Max. ID. There are enough challenges in this build.
I told my wife " This is the year to string Christmas lights on the bike tree.
Give you one guess how that went over.
All for now stay busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back