Starfire GT50 engine fires up but stalls prematurely

If the sprocket is eggs shape will not help. Spin the rear tire to make sure the sprocket is center of the rim.

It was working fine before, should be no need to grind anything or replace chain with what is really an inferior chain :p

The chain has been tried both looser and tighter, currently it has about the same amount of slack as it always did when it was working propperly.

I also aligned the chain/sprockets using the same method I used the first time.

If you didn't previously have the problem, then obviously something is different.
If it's not the chain and sprockets, what is it?
410 isn't inferior, it's just narrower. 415 is designed and usually used on 125cc dirt bikes etc. A 2-3hp engine doesn't need 415H - that's serious overkill. The truth of the matter is that 410 fits better.
You've had good advice but don't want to hear it, again.
113 posts so far to get your bike sorted.
Most of us examine our bike carefully then think a lot and eventually the problem will become obvious.

Yeah it's just a weird problem, like I just took it for a ride, was shuddering at the start, then accellerated, literally has never ever run so smooth, but on the way back it suddenly became very bad, nearly causing the engine to entirely lose power (this was while at a speed that was running well on one way of the journey).

Sorry if you feel like I'm not listening, I am literally all ears, I just don't believe that buying yet another part, grinding sprocket teeth that I have no idea what to do except to eyeball, and hoping for the best will help with this problem when it was working perfectly fine with the same chain.

All that has changed is the rear wheel has been swapped and the sprocket assembly switched from the old wheel to the new one. When I spin it, the alignment of the rear sprocket seems to be perfectly fine, as does the chain alignment.

I thought the kind of sudden power loss could be indicative of the chain sticking like I mentioned in another post, but the chain idler is now working perfectly after I took your advice and installed a washer behind the bolt, so it can't be that.

It's just so strange cause I was cruising the smoothest ride ive done so far, and yet half way back, no noise or indication, just lost a whole bunch of power.

Edit: I'm not an idiot, I'm just mechanically challenged heh, ask me a question about the internet or computer programming and im sure what's obvious by eying a project is obvious to me, not so obvious to you. We all just work with what we know, but I'm sorry that i'm obviously a pain in the arse to you.

I didn't necessarily mean that the narrower chain was the definitive answer to your problem, more that you're claiming that it's set up the same, when obviously it isn't. Something has changed from the setup in your original installation, to cause the problem.
You said 'I also aligned the chain/sprockets using the same method I used the first time.'
What method?

For one thing, from memory, I think you now have an extra layer of rubber compared to the sprocket mounting on your last wheel. (Correct me if I'm wrong, my aging memory isn't the best sometimes.)
Wouldn't this mean that your sprocket sits further left than before, by about 1/8"?

Another of my afterthoughts - is your clutch possibly slipping?

Back