Stolen surveillance video of thief stealing my bike

I have a cheep cable lock that I keep attached to my messenger bag. When I go into the store for a bite I simply wrap it around the wheels (It takes about 30 seconds). Now I know that it will not keep anyone who really wants it from taking it but it keeps the lazy ones from swiping it. Bike theft is usually a moment of opportunity thing. I have a more aggressive lock that I use at Portland State and I was thinking of getting a Kryptonite lock and leave it there at school. Not because they work so well but because they insure your bike up to a certain limit. You buy a lock once and that's it, No monthly fees so you can track the offender. Just no bike stolen, end of story.

Mike -I thought once you got over the hill it would get easier- Frye A.K.A. Frye Bikes

**** straight, my bike was stolen, and it had a chain + padlock. I hope i can find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gun lock did not work for me! My bike was strapped and locked to the roof of my wife's van while we were in Vegas 2 months ago, it got ripped!! There is NO Hope of getting it back. They cut everything. Plus I'm no longer in Vegas (Thank GOD)

I wish I had such a devise ! I thought about it in the early 80s when I lived in L.A. ca. And had a bullet bike, and a girlfriend who like to stray (? but which batteries do I charge ?).............I sure miss her............ (the girlfriend that is)............ The GPS would need to be outside a metal envierment. (ex.) plastic head lamp, tail lamp, Seat ect.

Gps ?

Once again I think that a cable lock and a hidden kill switch would do the job much more effectively. If they have to work at getting it "free" and then it still won't start then it might keep them from taking it in the first place. the price of a Low-jack system is probably more than the price of the Motorbicycle. If the bike thief really wants your bike its gone. So the best thing to do is make it inconvenient for them.

I try to lock mine where there are a lot of people in the open. At my local store they have the bike racks around the corner so I bypass them and lock mine up to a bench near the front window. with my road bike I take it with me or lock it up inside the store. If they don't let me do that I'll just shop someplace else.

Mike Frye the bike guy

Back