suspended leaning trike

I have a Sedec unit on my trike. It died during the fall when it got wet. It had already told me about what rpms I was turning at particular mph. I feel like it did it's job.

thats mainly what i'm after. i do think it would look cool to have a automotive tach in the dash but would have to figure out where to hook it in and hope it didn't affect anything else. thanks for the input.

my brother found this site on the net. http://www.jetrike.com/prior-art.html check out the Messerschmitt "Kurvenleger" i was kind of disapointed to see how close it looked to my own design. it looks to have 4 wheels and lean only(no turn steer) but some what the same.

just got back from a 14 mile ride. the motor ran great, the suspention was great, but the seat needs work, it bends just above the metal brackets on the back rest and i found my self reclining further and further as i rode. so if i beaf up the seat, add a head rest and maybe a small cargo area for my cooler i should improve my long ride comfort. i also found that it is more comfortable to ride with my feet in the rat traps then on the other side of the peddles. some guy stuck his head out the window and said "hey thats cool" thats nice to hear. mostly you get stares and never know what they are thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:
i beefed up my seat with 1/8" x 3/4" angle iron and at the same time extended the seat frame above the seat back so that i can have a head rest. i cut some 1/2" plywood to fit the head rest frame and padded it. i added a small cargo shelf to the seat back that will remain open for now. now all i have to do is wait for the head rest to be covered. i also made a spanner wrench so i could adjust my shock. after stiffining up the shock i took it for a short ride. the bracing and adjustments seem to have helped quite abit.

Attachments

• motoredbikePictures 093.jpg
    motoredbikePictures 093.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 651
  • motoredbikePictures 095.jpg
    motoredbikePictures 095.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 857
  • motoredbikePictures 096.jpg
    motoredbikePictures 096.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 623
got the seat covered thanks to a very talented seamstress, mother in law. the fabric dos'nt match but at least i'll be comfy. the seat still folds down so a sudden rain shower while i'm at work won't leave me with a wet seat. at this point i think i'm good to go to put some miles on it. still need a windshield but that can wait.

Attachments

• motoredbikePictures 097.jpg
    motoredbikePictures 097.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 627
  • motoredbikePictures 098.jpg
    motoredbikePictures 098.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 690
So, what's hapenin? 2 things: 1: in post #71, you mention wanting an automotive dash. Please try to create, not copy, as much possible. I know it's not easy.
2: Have you thought about "drive by wire" for your steering? Probly too spendy, but maybe a way to getter done.

hey van, i kinda abandoned this thread for awhile. the dash is the chain guard. the drive by wire i thought about but have this vision getting into a corner and losing power or connection. it scares me. i have been having what i think is electrical problems. the motor would die but restart a min later. thinking one of the moduals but dont know. could also be kill swich problem. whatever it is i have walked away from it for now. trying to generate some possitive attitude. then will be back at it.

Back