sux-all 3 bikes running great

you know those chopper type builds look pretty cool as scenery, But i bet you could not comfortably ride them 5 miles? And to be honest a grown man on a toy chopper is pretty humorous IMO :)

I have felt your fiscal pain when it comes to total investment/ sale price ratios.

Heck I figure my builds cost me around $1k each

I think that I have so far stayed under $1000, but it's hard to say... there have been a lot of odds and ends that have been pecking away at my wallet-- stuff like copper spray coating for the head gasket ($8 for about a nickel's worth of spraying), soldering iron, black goo gasket maker... all that stuff you HAVE to buy but never use up unless you build a lot of these suckers...

Luckily I already have a nice tool set-- bought it for myself with a Sear gift card I got from my ex's dad one Christmas well over ten years ago, so I've got metric crescent and socket wrenches, torque wrench, spark plug wrenches... plus all sorts of pliers and screw drivers (which most people tend to have no matter what). I fancied myself a budding young DIY mechanic, but most of the wrenches went untouched for all these years...

you know those chopper type builds look pretty cool as scenery, But i bet you could not comfortably ride them 5 miles? And to be honest a grown man on a toy chopper is pretty humorous IMO :)

The longest distance that I have rode one of my choppers in one run is 60 mi.
It has a comfortable pneumatic suspension seat. Had no problem with butt or back discomfort, however the vibration on the hands was not so good.

Many have the same view as you when talking about ANY type of motorized bicycle. However it is none of my buissness what other people just think.
However the choppers are usually well recieved by spectators.

Yea james i understand ya , but cmon admit it . You see a grizzled old grey bearded guy riding a toy chopper, It has to tickle your fancy just a bit ? And trust me Im in my late 40's and i get the special "grin" from people also and i just have a plane jane MB.

Yea james i understand ya , but cmon admit it . You see a grizzled old grey bearded guy riding a toy chopper, It has to tickle your fancy just a bit ? And trust me Im in my late 40's and i get the special "grin" from people also and i just have a plane jane MB.

Well here are a few pic's to make you grin. Glad I could make your day.
Yes I have seen your 3 builds.

Attachments

• conn 002.JPG
    conn 002.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 135
  • RALLY 070.JPG
    RALLY 070.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 133
James

Your Looking Fit In The Pic !! I Wish I Was Your Age, I`m 71. And Way To Big For My Occ Choppers @ 285 And 5 Ft 15 Inches Tall. I Got The "my Bad" Off The Mab Forums! Lol.

not for me! my occ chopper gets ridden by me a lot, and i am quite comfortable on it. the longest i ever rode it was 10 miles, and it was perfectly fine.
part of the key is to get rid of the stock occ seat because they are terrible seats. I have a standard 10 speed seat on mine and it's so much better. even with no suspension it's a blast to ride and it is comfortable.
those bikes were not meant for a 6 foot tall , 250 pound man to ride...they are too small.
I am 5 foot 6 inches tall, and i weigh 150 lbs so i don't look like a gorilla riding it.
heck. my other bike is a 20" schwinn stingray that is smaller than my occ bike, and i fit on that one just fine too.
sometimes it;s good to be a little guy, and at 41 years old, i am not bigger than your average 8th grade kid....lol

Last edited:
James ,your da man. Those pictures defiantly made me grin. thanks for being a sport about it .

But I should've said i would look goofy on one due too my hight. Im 6'2" @200# so I would look like a giraffe riding one. haha

@TREEWK, was that a whiskey measurement ? 5foot 15 inches tall ? After a few shots it makes sense

James ,your da man. Those pictures defiantly made me grin. thanks for being a sport about it .

But I should've said i would look goofy on one due too my hight. Im 6'2" @200# so I would look like a giraffe riding one. haha

@TREEWK, was that a whiskey measurement ? 5foot 15 inches tall ? After a few shots it makes sense

Hey! The bear riding the tiny bike has made a lot of money for Barnum & Bailey.

Attachments

• bear bike.jpg
    bear bike.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Back