sux-all 3 bikes running great

not for me! my occ chopper gets ridden by me a lot, and i am quite comfortable on it. the longest i ever rode it was 10 miles, and it was perfectly fine.
part of the key is to get rid of the stock occ seat because they are terrible seats. I have a standard 10 speed seat on mine and it's so much better. even with no suspension it's a blast to ride and it is comfortable.
those bikes were not meant for a 6 foot tall , 250 pound man to ride...they are too small.
I am 5 foot 6 inches tall, and i weigh 150 lbs so i don't look like a gorilla riding it.
heck. my other bike is a 20" schwinn stingray that is smaller than my occ bike, and i fit on that one just fine too.
sometimes it;s good to be a little guy, and at 41 years old, i am not bigger than your average 8th grade kid....lol

I modifed the forks to be spring forks. It not only made the ride better but improved the handling, especially over 25mph.

In the second picture I could have used automotive valve springs but this way the dogs don't chase me just to bite the tires.

Attachments

• suspension pic 006.jpg
    suspension pic 006.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 123
  • seat-1.jpg
    seat-1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 99
Hurricane

That Measuring Method Has Gotten A Lot Of Laugh`s Thru The Yrs. Often People Say; Your Taller Than That! Then They Get It And Laugh. I Tell People I Have A Bad Hearing Loss From My Exwife Hollering At Me, That Get Laugh`s And Remarks. When I Call Someone And The Lady Of The House Answer`s; I Ask To Talk To Their Master! That Gets All Kinds Of Results! He He, I Love It!

Ron

Last edited:
I like the measuring method. I also like to mess with peoples heads. Years ago I was injured in a car accident, a bad back injury. I was forced to wear a soft body cast for a long time while healing. People would ask what happened to me and I'd say "She said SHUT UP and I thought she said STAND UP so I stood up quickly and the rest is history. Always got a laugh except at a block party when I said that to the mayor of the small town I lived in at the time. He gave me a blank look and said "HUH?" Says alot about politicians! I painted the the cast gray camoflage and had "Retired Ninja Turtle" printed on it. Always fun with the public.
Larry

Dam Larry I wasn't aware of you having a stroke! But if you are still riding it must be under control. Just can"t keep a real biker down!

Jim, I lost a bit of muscle control in the left arm and leg and left hand but am slowly getting it back. It was a mini-stroke but I was very lucky, it could have been far worse. Not sure what caused it, possible heart condition, possible arterial constriction from cancer surgery in the neck affecting the cartroid artery. Going today for a bubble test Echo Cardiogram and will meet next week with vasculary surgeons to discuss the results. Oct has been a **** month for me! Thanks for the kind words of support but as you say, 'can't keep a real biker down' I'll keep riding as long as I can.
Larry

Hurricane

That Measuring Method Has Gotten A Lot Of Laugh`s Thru The Yrs. Often People Say; Your Taller Than That! Then They Get It And Laugh. I Tell People I Have A Bad Hearing Loss From My Exwife Hollering At Me, That Get Laugh`s And Remarks. When I Call Someone And The Lady Of The House Answer`s; I Ask To Talk To Their Master! That Gets All Kinds Of Results! He He, I Love It!

Ron

I'm with you, I love it when I have a brief exchange with someone and they get a few steps away and realize that they have been had.

It is especially fun when it is a stranger, you get that look (is this guy screwing with my head or is he nuts).

Today at the deli the girl asked me "can I help you"? I replied "yes I would like two pounds of those monster wings". "But first, what kind of monsters do they come from"?

She replied " Well they have honey mustered and". She paused as it registered what I had asked.

I'll give the young girl credit, as she then replied "Well I guess they must have been chicken monsters"

Jim, I lost a bit of muscle control in the left arm and leg and left hand but am slowly getting it back. It was a mini-stroke but I was very lucky, it could have been far worse. Not sure what caused it, possible heart condition, possible arterial constriction from cancer surgery in the neck affecting the cartroid artery. Going today for a bubble test Echo Cardiogram and will meet next week with vasculary surgeons to discuss the results. Oct has been a **** month for me! Thanks for the kind words of support but as you say, 'can't keep a real biker down' I'll keep riding as long as I can.
Larry

Larry,
Look at the upside, It is the left side so you won't be launching yourself over the h-bars by locking up the front brake.

Your right Oct. has been about as bad as it can be for you. Thank god you have Karen and a great family and friends. Keep the shiny side up.

Back