Taking chain off engine and putting it on

Nahom

Local time
6:17 AM
20161115_192254.jpg

How do I get the chain off that? I have no choice but to unpin somehow and remove a link so it slides off- cos I've tried with all the force I have and it certainly isn't coming off- there's simply no space to get the chain off that 10 tooth sprocket with breaking it. What are all the tools I need please to get it off and to put a new one on? Thanks...

Just like you said there should be a clip on the chain have you looked all over it ? If you find it just a flat head screw driver to undo it .

Just like you said there should be a clip on the chain have you looked all over it ? If you find it just a flat head screw driver to undo it .[

There's no clip sadly. Ive watched youtube videos about that i know which clip youre talking about. But its not there unfortunately...What should I do?

maybe someone put it on backwards and clip can only be seen from other side

Yep I just checked thoroughly again theres definitely no clip. is this strange? Ive googled it again and some other videos show it being done with a chain breaker. are some chains only able to be installed/removed this way ?

No .all chains can or can not have a clip .Up to who put it on .A braker is always good to have .and make this job ezy but a hammer and nail will work .do you really need to take off the chain? And if it's a stock one thay are really week.and can bend like butter .in your hands .if you get a new heavy duty chain /hd it will have a clip .but you still need to make a new chain fit length wise . again .braker .. hammer..or angel grinder.then use the clip to join it together .

Well I need to change the engine because its dead surely I have no choice? I need to to cut chain to get both of them off the bike surely

I meant I have no choice but to break the chain forgetting about the method in this case chain breaker v nail and hammer

you can either remove a pin or else remove the drive sprocket using the puller that came with the kit if there is definitly no master link on it

Back