thatsdax engine carrier

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by DetonatorTuning, Sep 10, 2009.

1. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

well............ doing alittle brain storming on yet another idea and was looking at the "thatsdax" site parts section.

correct me if i'm wrong but it seems the new chrome mount plates are the only carrier parts that appear to be available as parts.

are the full carriers available without engines any more ? i didn't think i saw a link for them.

2. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

I've gotten a number of spare parts for my Titan that wern't listed on his website.
    IF the full carriers arn't available hopefually he'll make u one up....the guys pretty obliging.

BTW...i chopped my carrier.
  3. DetonatorTuning

DetonatorTuning Active Member

thanks fetor56,

actually i could get by with just the support legs and lower brackets. since i'd be using a different engine i could make up my own mount plate and i'd rather have bearings in the jackshaft supports.

looking at the pics in the linked thread, it was explained to me that the KMC910 chain you are using is designed to be run with the "flatter" link plates OUT since it is built as a jumping, grinding, BMX chain.

don't know if there is any real performance difference though.

very good looking bike by the way. your confidence to take it that far in the off road environment speaks strongly of it's dependability.