Throttle Cable - Proper Length

openscreen

Local time
11:08 PM
My throttle cable extends about 3 3/8" past the end of the cable housing - long enough to put it at the bottom of the carb bowl. No matter how much I tighten the adjustment, the cable is still too long. I plan to just clip it and reconnect the barrel, as explained in some of the other threads. My question is, what should be the length of the cable past the housing? Don't want to cut it too short. Oh yeah, my engine is an 80cc HT.

sounds like you use a twist grip and the twist grip isnt set up right...missing anything? or just plain sheer dodgy bros at work selling faulty stuff! ummmm

blowtorch, silver solder... :D fairly good wire cutters:whistle:

oh. how long.... remove slide, replace cap, insert cable... remove whatevers extra :)

Yeah, it is a twist, and everything seems to be there, even though when i opened it there was a bit of plastic floating around loose. You're probably right about the quality. I bought it from what, I later found out, was one of the most poorly reviewed vendors. Thanks for the how-to. Sooner or later I'll get this beautiful beast running again.

Back