Torque?

FrizzleFried

Local time
4:10 PM
Does a 4-stroke provide MORE or LESS torque ... on average ... per CC vs a 2-stroke?

From my recollection of regular ole motorcycles of yesteryear ... of which I assume these motors are closer to resembling than the new 4-strokes running on dirt bikes today... 4-stroke provide LESS torque per CC than 2-strokes. Does that still stand today?

I am trying to determine if I want to stick a 4-stroke or 2-stroke on that long frame I have. It's not exactly the beefiest frame... so I'm guessing I should stick to a lower torque motor selection... I was thinking it may be a good cruiser option for either a 49cc or 79cc 4-stroke motor vs a 2-stroke. It doesn't have to go fast... if it cruised 25-28 mph I'd be plenty happy...

Well, i am preatt sure that 4s does have more torque. I had 80cc 2 Stroke and in comparison Huasheng 142f have a lot more torque. I cruise on huasheng 35mph.

I'd be curious as to how that 79cc 4-stroke (i assume that is what it is that you referred to?) matches up against an 85cc Phantom?

49cc and you hit 35mph... nice. How about for certified "Phatties" like myself... 285 6'4"? Would a 49cc cut it or should i look at 79cc?

49cc and you hit 35mph... nice. How about for certified "Phatties" like myself... 285 6'4"? Would a 49cc cut it or should i look at 79cc?
Well, its true that i am a light rider. :p
But still u should be able to cruise atleast 27 in my opinion.

Also... correct me if I am wrong... but 4-strokes are more designed to be ridden "wide open" vs 2-strokes... right? I mean, twist max and go... right?

Also... correct me if I am wrong... but 4-strokes are more designed to be ridden "wide open" vs 2-strokes... right? I mean, twist max and go... right?
Well, yes. But if you have it badly tuned and you ride all the time wide open, you could literally melt connecting rod.

Back