two 49cc 2 strokes

mustangmaniac

Local time
10:57 AM
not exactly a bicycle but soon I plan to build a minibike that has two 49cc engines on it so it will be legal to ride on the street but still have decent speed. What is the practicality of this?
Thanks for reading

not exactly a bicycle but soon I plan to build a minibike that has two 49cc engines on it so it will be legal to ride on the street but still have decent speed. What is the practicality of this?
Thanks for reading
Well if it's about legality, you could have a 100 pistons but all of them put together can't total up to more than 50cc. For example: for you to be legal in your area you'd have to use two 25cc engines. The complications of getting two 25cc engines tuned and functioning together isn't worth the effort of having a single 50cc engine tuned and functioning properly.

In the United States, if you have a moped that is 49cc I don't believe it would be illegal to put another 49cc engine on it but I may be wrong

does anyone have any ideas of a legal approach to gaining more speed but staying under the 50cc limit?
Thanks

does anyone have any ideas of a legal approach to gaining more speed but staying under the 50cc limit?
Thanks
Trust me when I tell you that the cop on the street will NOT know the difference between a 49cc to a 85cc or a 110cc or whatever size they want to call these small two stroke motors we put on our bikes...Just remove the stickers from them and/or add a commercially available 49cc sticker to it.

They are not going to tear down your motor and use a micrometer to figure out what size your motor is if they ever stop you.

Just ride legally and sensibly follow the laws and rules of the road pertaining to motorised bikes in your state and don't draw attention to yourself is all.

I have a 72cc pit bike but I thought that may get taken by the cops would this be okay?
edit: Do you know why an ebike capable of going 40+ mph is legal but a gas bike above 50cc is not?

I use a Phantom 85 motor myself with sticker removed...lol...here in New Mexico, it hit 51 MPH right out of the box with throttle left over, but I only like cruising between 30 to 35 MPH most of the time but the extra oomph is there if and when you need it.

DSCN0227.JPG

DSCN0229.JPG

Back