v-twin 2 stroke?

motorpsycho

Local time
4:03 AM
so when is someone going to come out with a v-twin, dual carb. 2 stroke for us to put on bicycles?

I have given up on Acme but will at least say they gave it a try.
Really doubt that we will see a HT based twin motor.
There may be a custom twin build but the cost would be way beyond most hobbiest means. But dam it would be cool.

ha ha yeah, but that would be overkill...and it would probably split the bike frame in half, and rip out the rear spokes on the first run.
i was thinking more along the lines of an 80 -100 c.c. v-twin with the looks of the old indian or harley engines from the 40's & 50's

because the EPA and CARB won't let one be sold or imported in the usa so whats the point of making one that you won't be able to sell couple hundred thousand of them?

that being said there was a V8 made some years ago for the 1/4 scale rc guys ran on rc nitro
wonder if its still made?

when you get to a certian power level the bike frame and other components can't take the stress and break/snap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8TXMUaC9Os&feature=related

Last edited:
Shouldn't some of the old twin patents be expired by now. Maybe the effort should be on building a tested motor rather than designing something from scratch. Just a thought. I'm certain, that with some incentive (and financing) the Chinese could crank one out in less than 6 months...

I'm not talking about making a v-twin that will produce 15 or more horsepower.
I'm saying someone should make a v-twin that is the same displacement as a single (66 c.c.) so that the same power output is acheived.
sure, the pistons would be tiny, but then again so would the cylinders which would help with frame clearance problems.
I'm just saying that it would be cool to have a little v-twin sitting in the frame of a bike to acheive"the look" of an old Indian or Harley board track racer. a v-twin looks more convincing than a single cylinder.
forget about the epa and forget about carb.

yes those little 1/4 scale v-8's are still being made and are available, but if you've got $5,000.00 just laying around to drop on one, it would be a waste of money to try and put one in a bike.
there would be way too much engineering to even make it work because you would need a way to transfer the power from the flywheel to the bicycle wheel.
you would have to design a jackshaft or transmission to make a right angle drive to get the power to the rear wheel.
those little v-8's make some power but i doubt that they would be able to pull the weight of a bike and a rider. they don't make enough torque to get the job done.
having one in an r/c car is one thing, and a lot less weight for it to move.
having one in a bike wouldbe a major undertaking in designing a drivetrain and you'd end up with $10.000.00 in a bicycle.
you might as well just go buy a motorcycle and be done.

Twin Happy Time Engines!

Three years ago, I toyed with a project using TWO HT engines, side by side. Back then, no shift kits were in use.

I believe it's do-able, at not too much expense.:unsure:

Back