Warning- GEBE rant

When your ready for that heavy duty wheel give me a shout, I gotcha covered !

Hey, easy chuck...that was August of last year, old news...you've been a member as of January this year. Sam and I are cool; he's contributed lots of good, technical information to the rack mount community. Fight elsewhere if that's what you want to do but don't do it with me, m-kay?

Chuck ... I feel your pain. There was an episode of the Simpsons where they go into a store and start asking a sales clerk questions. The clerk gets impatient after a few minutes and finally says to Marge "Listen lady, this is not what I do. I play keyboards!"

That attitude drives me crazy, and you're right, it seems to be everywhere. With a few rare exceptions, customer support seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. I think most of these guys are part-timers who feel that, since they're only running a business in their spare time, they can run it in a completely half-***ed way.

Jim is a good guy. He's just a lot more forgiving than I am. If I had spent $200 on the GEBE kit, I would say, well, you wanted to save money and you ended up with ****! But I sent the dimwits at GEBE the better part of $1,000.00 in 2007. Well... that was good money after bad. I have pretty much abandoned the GEBE bike and I'm saving my pennies for an electric kit from Electric Rider (http://www.electricrider.com). If you email those guys, you will probably get a response, but it's serious moolah for their kits. Anyway, I wish you the best in your search.

it proves just how anal retentive this forum really is
I was gonna say nah ... they're not anal retentive here but really, who the bleep are we kidding? THEY ARE ANAL RETENTIVE HERE!!! Whaddyagonnado? Statistically speaking, people who had moderate trauma during potty training will grow up to run well organized and useful forums. Part and parcel, dude. The cursing ban isn't part of the anal retention, though. They are just old-fashioned types who want to do the family friendly thing. That's not really my bag, but even if they didn't auto-strike curse words here I still would abide by that rule because, when you go into someone else's house, it's just courtesy to wipe your feet on the mat first.

and look at all the sheeple
LMAO. That is really classic. Maybe I'm a wolfple in sheeple's clothing!

Jim H said:
you slandered a reputable dealer
Jim, I can't believe I let this one go...

Attachments

• slander.jpg
    slander.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 318
I have 14ga spokes OEM on my GEBE bike and weigh 250 plus and at 300 miles no spoke issues. I do always peddle from a dead stop though....

I use a battery bulb to vampire the oil out of there, and refill with the same thing....works great. I did put a small hoseclamp around where the syringe mounts to the plastic tube. Really works great now...he he.

I love my GEBE ( Tanaka 33cc) and while ordering the rear wheel upgrade was recommended. I balked but finally gave due to persistence of discussing the pre-installed drive ring etc. Nothing was said about the gear cassette other than " just pop it off your wheel and onto the new wheel." I was disappointed to find out that my freewheel cassette ( popular on most dept store bikes today) was not compatible with my new wheel. It cost me an afternoon plus an additional $50 at the bike shop to install a new cassette.
IMO, they should offer the installed cassette......or at least discuss this in detail. Had I known this I would have simply purchased the bare drive ring and used my stock wheel. What a hassle!
I also think a follow-up call or 2 from the vendor would be nice. Discuss any issues with the bike and get one-on-one attention. And lastly I'd say some web site claims are a bit over stated. No may an MB can handle " trails" and " hills" ( not slopes) These terms are used very loosely. The word " moderate" should be inserted. Just trying to help. Love my GEBE thusfar.

I had to buy a new cassette and have it installed which didn't make me very happy. There was no mention of this by GEBE. It took me some time to figure out that the wheel GEBE sent me did not work with the "rear gear" on my bike. :censored:

I have finally got my bike together. I sure hope I don't have problems with the kit!

I use a battery bulb to vampire the oil out of there, and refill with the same thing....works great. I did put a small hoseclamp around where the syringe mounts to the plastic tube. Really works great now...he he.

That's what we call Southern Engineering.

I hear ya chuck...I guess it's been called many things...lmao....but if it works, I'm all in:)

Should I stay away from the GEBE? I'm a noob with a moon dog and a mtb to choose from. I am trying to go with a LOW maint. setup and after reading all this I am very confused now. Would really like an MB though.

Back