Warning / Gp460 Users / Warning !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
been there done that, i had a 73 1200FX that i tricked out pretty heavy, man was that bike a blast. wish i still had it.

oh well, ever onward. my top-end will be back together by Monday, then the new break-in. i was nervous about this motor last time, it's going to be real hard this time.

guess i'll go all the way to the DDM initial screw settings of 2.5 out "H" and 1.5 out "L" and work my way back again.

steve

Use a roller blade ball bearing wheel on the unloaded side of the chain to dampen the oscillation.
search for chain adjuster
What type of lube is in the gearbox?
Royal purple is the only oil to actually increase horsepower, due to less frictional loss in gear boxes etc.
A stethoscope, or a long screw driver can be used to find a noisy bearing.

Glue carpet on the outside of the metal housing to dampen the noise.
What type of oil you use in your engine is up to you.
I use a castor synthetic mix. Just went from 16 to 1 to 25 to 1.
But the temp here is 110 + . I use more gas due to evaporation, than to engine consumption.

Be sure to remove the all the melted metal from the crankcase.

thanks for all the tips spad.

are you using gear oil in the box ? if so, how much did you put in ?

thnaks,

steve

I've recently purchased a gp460,cy460, this thing was v dirty so I stripped it an had the head off to make sure it was fine,there was loads of sand in the mesh catcher in the bottom of the carb,cleaned that .new pullstart...got spark, got fuel getting in cus the plug is always wet after a few pulls,ain't firing at all...any suggestions would be appreciated,also I've never had a pulse hose on the bottom of the carb,is there supposed to be fuel going through it?or is it just for air because no fuel goes through mine...may this be the problem?

thread-revive-discord.gif

You will get more response creating a new post. This post is from ... 2008...

(but this meme might help... ;) )

I've recently purchased a gp460,cy460, this thing was v dirty so I stripped it an had the head off to make sure it was fine,there was loads of sand in the mesh catcher in the bottom of the carb,cleaned that .new pullstart...got spark, got fuel getting in cus the plug is always wet after a few pulls,ain't firing at all...any suggestions would be appreciated,also I've never had a pulse hose on the bottom of the carb,is there supposed to be fuel going through it?or is it just for air because no fuel goes through mine...may this be the problem?
thread-revive-discord.gif

You will get more response creating a new post. This post is from ... 2008...

(but this meme might help... ;) )
I am locking this thread since it is from 2008 and I am not into ancient thread revivals.

Scb013...Do NOT ignore what is written in RED LETTERS to NOT revive old threads...Start your own thread on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back