Well I ordered my first kit!

markjs

Local time
7:51 AM
The "PK80 Wildcat" from California Motorbikes.

c944a5_8799875694c64e3c8c522b477db32a35~mv2_d_4104_3160_s_4_2.jpg

Pretty excited; as I've had no transportation at all of late. Anyway, any advice on specifics or easy cheap upgrades are welcome. I guess I have about a week to wait now.

Mirrors and lights are the best investment you could make. The second best would be an up to date motorcycle helmet and five gloves. This is the pair I have and I wear them as regular bicycle gloves because they're very comfy and worth a damn if you take a tumble. https://five-gloves.com/en/glove/rs3-evo/

I skipped on the boots for two reasons: first, I have a funny shoe size and Im not gonna order a pair that might bot fit, and the only places with boots are a 2 hour drive away. And the second reason is motorized bikes are around 50-70 lbs, which while a lot is not the same as 200-250 lbs which is where the lightest oem motorcycles end up.

I already know what my first rebuild will likely be too. After I tire of, or wear out the jug and piston, I sure would like an iron Minerelli cylinder and setup! I hear they really scream?

The "PK80 Wildcat" from California Motorbikes.

c944a5_8799875694c64e3c8c522b477db32a35~mv2_d_4104_3160_s_4_2.jpg

Pretty excited; as I've had no transportation at all of late. Anyway, any advice on specifics or easy cheap upgrades are welcome. I guess I have about a week to wait now.
While you're waiting, you can take the mag side cover off and check the mag orientation. Make sure it's centered in the coil, a plain business card should fit all the way around. You can cut the white wire off while you're in there and pull it out, it has no value for your engine.

Take the float bowl off the carb and make sure there is no dirt in there from the assembly at the factory. You won't know if the bowl is cracked until you run fuel through it.

Take the head off, and check the intake and exhaust ports for over cast. Replace the acorn nuts with some regular nuts from HD or Lowes.

Bin the plug that came with the kit and and get a NGK B6HS.

If you find anything that you're not sure about, post a picture here.

Back