What are the the best 66cc 2-stroke motor kits?

Quanah

Local time
10:03 AM
I've been away from the motorized bicycle scene for a while and was wondering who makes what's considered by most of you to be the best 66cc 2 stroke motor kits out there? Is the flying horse angle fire motor respectable? I know they all come from China, and that some are better quality than others. I would like to order a kit from a company who will also give me some product support if need be. I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

I'm not sure how long you've been away, but putting personal experience aside as its only reliable to the person who has it, they are all relatively the same. No matter which kit you buy, opening up the engine and inspecting the internals will give you a much better chance at reliability. It doesn't really matter who you buy from, the chances of getting a lemon are all about the same. Also keep in mind, the sellers are only drop-shippers, who never see what's inside the box. If you want good customer service, you're going to pay extra. Dax is highly rated for customer service and fast shipping. I personally don't recommend gasbike.net due to the fact that myself and many others have gotten screwed by them. But no matter who you buy from, it's still a crap shoot. Good luck.

Yea, a crap shoot is what I have heard since day one. I was planning on taking the motor completely apart, changing out the bearings for some SKF's, checking the crank for trueness and matching the transfer ports etc. before I ever put it on a bike. I know the hardware is junk also. I know they just slam these together and see how many they can build in a 24 hr. period because we will buy them all up. BikeBerry advertise that they only buy from manufacturers who use the highest quality standards and materials. I have heard good words about Gasbike and Dax, Kings has been around for many years also. Thanks butterbean for the input.

Gasbike and kings are the same company, nationwide access. I won't buy from them again. Not that I use kits anymore anyway, but I just won't buy from them no matter what. You seem to pretty much already know everything I said, so your original post seems a bit redundant. Things are pretty much the same as whenever you left.

Actually I should only buy the motor, there are things in the kit which I'll never use, for instance the chain guard and gas tank. But maybe I could sell those and recoup some my investment. Didn't realize gasbike and kings are one in the same. bikeberry has one on sale now but it's a 2011 model...probably that's why it's on sale. What I was saying about being away from motorized bikes for a while, I was wondering if maybe the older motors are better.

Back