What do I need

jumpjr619

Local time
11:51 AM
Hey y'all I've got a ld80 80cc nothing special but I'm interested in getting a tinker toy such as the reed valve but am completely unaware of what they are do or the variables that go with them is this something I can have on the side or can I upgrade what I have to run the reed valve setup or what will someone please educate me on this topic please

Hey y'all I've got a ld80 80cc nothing special but I'm interested in getting a tinker toy such as the reed valve but am completely unaware of what they are do or the variables that go with them is this something I can have on the side or can I upgrade what I have to run the reed valve setup or what will someone please educate me on this topic please
The more important question which needs to be asked before getting more power is what kind of brake pads do you have on the rim brakes.

I havent got to build a reed valve engine yet, but I know you got to window your piston for reed valve setup. By window I mean you got to put a hole in your piston skirt at a critical location, or you got to buy a piston that's already been windowed.

You just need a windowed piston to go with the reed. Or window it yourself. You will need to up jet 2 sizes at least, maybe more, depends on your engine.

Back