For Sale What is a fair price for an old HS-142F mountain bike (3yrs, 3000mi+)???

So, I have a HS-142F mountain bike, 500W ebike, and a 250cc motorcycle. I think its time to consolidate all three into just one bike. So, I am planning to sell off the HS-142F and motorcycle first and use the ebike to get around and then use the batteries from the 500W ebike into a new fat tire hybrid motorized bike (hybrid = reverse gearbox HS-142F and 750W+ geared hub motor) that you guys are going to love.

The HS-142F is a reliable but ugly bike. It is 3 years old and has 3000+ miles on it and at places held together by hose clamps... It is loud not sure why; I just don't have time to look and I like riding the ebike more. I don't want to sell someone a lemon but it is still a good bike, reliable (2 pulls and low warm up time), and has many more miles to go. And, with a tender and dedicated hand, I am sure it can be refitted and fixed into a nice bike.

So, how much should I sell it for? I am thinking $100 firm? Any thoughts?

Attachments

• photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    181 KB · Views: 233
I'd ask $200 obo and they'll think its a deal at $150 or so. Its craigslist remember, ask $100 they'll offer $25.

Its craigslist remember,

Will you take payments? How about a money order drawn on a Mongolian bank for $1000 and you give me the cash to make up the difference? Can you come pick me up so I can buy it? What's the least you'll take for it?

200 sounds like a fair ask if it still runs, haggle down from there.

3,000 miles isn't bad considering some of the 2 strokes barely make it to 1,000. My neighbor had 1,350 or so on the 2016 engine before one of the bearings went bad. It still ran though. Some of the small Honda 4 strokes gx35 or gxh50 I've heard of people putting 20,000 miles on them. I'd say sell it and if the engine fails it's their problem.

Back