What would we call this?

You were absolutely right brother it sucks the bowl dry in no time faster than it's able to replentish it's self! and the bowl size for the vm20 is pretty much the same as what I have now SIGH!!
Is the fuel inlet and float needle the choke point? Maybe the vm 20 has a larger needle and inlet. It seems it would, as being for a larger engine.

Is the fuel inlet and float needle the choke point? Maybe the vm 20 has a larger needle and inlet. It seems it would, as being for a larger engine.
That's quite possible as I didn't mess with etheir!looking at the spec's for the vm 20 it's the same size inlet not sure about the needle and the carb mounts to a flange not a clamp on style so I would have to make a custom intake for it witch is fine but then if the flow rate is the same I'm just going to deplete the volume even faster so not sure what to do at this point!I was just looking at the carb's spec's again and the bowl is also smaller than my current carb's bowl!

Last edited:
yeah the bowl can be a dram or a gallon, if you feed fuel fast enough it won't run dry. look at the relatively tiny bowls on a holley 4 barrel, they're barely any bigger than the bowls on a typical 250cc quad bike but are sufficient enough to feed 427 cubic inches.

yeah the bowl can be a dram or a gallon, if you feed fuel fast enough it won't run dry. look at the relatively tiny bowls on a holley 4 barrel, they're barely any bigger than the bowls on a typical 250cc quad bike but are sufficient enough to feed 427 cubic inches.
I looked at the inlet and shut off valve as Gary said being the last restricted area and opened them up some also raised the float to just below the overflow and that seems to be working so far LOL!

Again had a chance to play with jetting and now has an#90 in it and the bottom end was to lean pilot jet needs to be opened again but it's running pretty good!Since it's running ok I went for a night trail ride with a buddy and got some on video at the end there is a short speed run,stop and heat check at plug base and between head and cylinder!IMO the new pipe sounds good I have it packed in the baffle and it still has a nice 2 stroke sound but not to loud!

I'm done messing around with this carb!I will still use it on a different engine maybe my son's when it's ready!So I ordered a 24mm OKO from MZ last night and hope that will do it going to have to make up an intake for it!Since the exhaust port and header dia is now at 27mm I think the 24mm carb will be better suited to matching the flow rate thru the cylinder!

Back