What would we call this?

I started preping a four stroke yesterday I'm going to do another chopper (daily rider) geared with a six speed!I really want to try a vertical mount but debateing the idea with the oil pick up being rendered useless not sure how to get around that yet!

Attachments

• 2017-08-02 00.30.52.jpg
    2017-08-02 00.30.52.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 182
I started preping a four stroke yesterday I'm going to do another chopper (daily rider) geared with a six speed!I really want to try a vertical mount but debateing the idea with the oil pick up being rendered useless not sure how to get around that yet!
What engine is that? I'm guessing it's going on one of the red twins you picked up a while back.

What engine is that? I'm guessing it's going on one of the red twins you picked up a while back.
Yes you would be right! It's a 79cc Canadain version of the predator from Princess Auto labled as a power fist, Same engine and specs just different colour,I've had that engine sitting here two years now because when I got it it was on sale for $80 and I knew I'd use it for something couldnt let the deal pass I also pick up a 212cc same time and sale for $139 just been waiting for the right project lol!

Yes you would be right! It's a 79cc Canadain version of the predator from Princess Auto labled as a power fist, Same engine and specs just different colour,I've had that engine sitting here two years now because when I got it it was on sale for $80 and I knew I'd use it for something couldnt let the deal pass I also pick up a 212cc same time and sale for $139 just been waiting for the right project lol!
Don't know much about them. Hear they build up real strong. Wonder if you could adapt that manual clutch to them.

Don't know much about them. Hear they build up real strong. Wonder if you could adapt that manual clutch to them.
Yes the 3D motorsports manual clutch will work it comes with a 10t on the clutch in a 40/41 pitch at $185 U.S thats going to cost me almost $300 by the time I get it here so going to have to use the centrafugal one for now until I save some cash up for that purchase but should be fun to dump it out of the hole!

Made up the intake and fit the nt carb on the 79cc today and also cut the flange off the stock exhaust and found there was alot of welding slag restricting the dia I geuss it's not just the china girls that have Q/C issues LOL I can plainly see that ALOT of power can be freed up in these engines aswell!Not sure what angle the pipe is going to be at or how much I can move it in but that hours work saved me around fifty bucks that can now be used toward other needed componants!

Attachments

• 2017-08-04 21.33.20.jpg
    2017-08-04 21.33.20.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 2017-08-04 22.00.16.jpg
    2017-08-04 22.00.16.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 2017-08-04 22.14.57.jpg
    2017-08-04 22.14.57.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 274
Well I spent the last 4 days ridding my bike with the 24mm oko set up and have gone back up to a #102 main jet and drilled out the pilot jet to.024 the bottom end has improved vastly and the clip on needle dropped one more notch the mid range is awesome!The top end needs more fuel still but it's getting close to perfect have to try a #103 well drill it to that and should be good!But now after a few days of traveling with other bikes that are not capable of running at high speeds it gets frustrating having to look back all the time to see where they are and stop and wait for them to catch up,And driving long distances at 1/4 to half throttle when you have so much more get's boring,I passed three other riders doing 35-40 mph while I was coasting and liteing a smoke with no hands on the bars and at the next stop one rider told me he was doing everything in his power to keep the bike at that speed and stable while I passed them no hands care free and smoking then pulled away from them like it was nothing!

Same thing my neighbour and I just cruisin at 30-40 mph!The 50cc my buddy is riding is at 7000-8000 rpm while im at 5000-6000 rpm and half throttle or a little over!

Back