What would we call this?

I think these large surface area heads are great and for the price well worth it BUT make your choice wisely!I think for most users the torodial head fits the need of helping to produce low and even mid range torque and run nice and cool even with mods like comp boost,port volumes and timmings and is the most commen chamber shape used by the after market vendors!The hemispherical chamber is better suited to higher output high rpm set ups!Steve Best and other's have said this before on here and led me to try to get the best of both!I took the round head with the torodial chamber and cut the inner radius towards the squish band reducing it's width to 4mm and shaved 1mm off the mating surface.Doing so yeilded just over a 1000 rpm gain but also lost some bottom end torque and also made the pipe hit softer with a slight effect on jetting!I dont want to mess up the chamber more than I have allready LOL as it still works pretty good! So I ordered the thicker finned round head with a hemispherical chamber that looks like I can deck and add a squish band to and hope that by reducing the chambers volume and keeping the comp up where it is now that it will have some torque in the bottom!

Attachments

• Hemi style head 2.jpg
    Hemi style head 2.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 189
  • Hemi style.jpg
    Hemi style.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 183

Decided to run that carb a little fat on top so as to get good run time with less heat build up!I made a couple passes 1/4 mile averaged 19 seconds,Not bad for the set up being rich!I also made a little run down of what's done to the engine at this point!

Well I just had to try the 24mm OKO carb so I coupled it with some rad hose for now and it works pretty good!I got the idle and transition to needle realy nice and the needle seems good until 3/4 the transition to the main is off and main way to rich but it's getting there and pulling through the gearing really well up to that point LOL!I tried to run the 1/4 but was slow at 23 sec and you can hear the four stroking as I try to get to WOT.

These engines never stop amazing me!Tried to buy some jets today but when i got to the place it closed early buggers!So I raised the needle one notch and That was even better than last night's ride I found the pilot jet is still to lean when it started on the choke it pulled great right out of the hole once warmed up the pull weakened and seemed a bit flat it came with a #42 in it and that was way to lean I put a #45 in and still a little flat next is a #48 and WOW thats getting close to a small carbs main jet amazing how much fuel these engines want in the bottom!The stock main jet how ever is a #107 and itès just to fat on top for that so going to try going down a couple and see what happens and probably have to raise the needle one more notch to get nice transition with a leaner jet!

These engines never stop amazing me!Tried to buy some jets today but when i got to the place it closed early buggers!So I raised the needle one notch and That was even better than last night's ride I found the pilot jet is still to lean when it started on the choke it pulled great right out of the hole once warmed up the pull weakened and seemed a bit flat it came with a #42 in it and that was way to lean I put a #45 in and still a little flat next is a #48 and WOW thats getting close to a small carbs main jet amazing how much fuel these engines want in the bottom!The stock main jet how ever is a #107 and itès just to fat on top for that so going to try going down a couple and see what happens and probably have to raise the needle one more notch to get nice transition with a leaner jet!
Can't wait to here the results once that carb is dialed in.

Can't wait to here the results once that carb is dialed in.
The past couple days have been effed up to say the least!I dropped the main jet size to a #100 and that seems pretty good the idle or pilot jet I've drilled out to .016 and that might do it have yet to run it stupid rain!I took some pics of the carb fitted with a temporary coupler 5" in length and a new air filter it all tucks in quite nicely!

Attachments

• 2017-08-02 00.24.17.jpg
    2017-08-02 00.24.17.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 270
  • 2017-08-02 00.24.55.jpg
    2017-08-02 00.24.55.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 321
Back