Where can I get an 0.7mm main jet for an NT carb?

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by AussieSteve, Jan 16, 2010.

1. AussieSteve

AussieSteve Active Member

Currently running an 0.72mm main jet in my NT carb and it's still way too rich at WOT.
    Does anyone know who sells 0.7mm and if possible, 0.68mm x 5mm main jets to suit these carbs? (As long as they're 5mm thread and fit inside the float, they should work.)

... Steve
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010

2. a/c man

a/c man Member

theres an easier way

Try to get yourself a #71 micro drill bit .66mm (.026 inches)
    or a # 70 .711 mm (.028 inches).Better yet get a whole set from Harbor Freight A whole set costs less than 1 or 2 dellorto jets. Remove your main jet and flux and solder the hole shut with just a drop of 95/5 solder. Re-drill the hole out with the smaller of the 2 bits and give her a ride and check out your plug afterward. Drill bits are cheaper than a new jet and if you don't get it right you can keep experimenting with different sizes without the long delay of waiting impatiently for that mail delivery. There's a bunch of guys here who've posted about drilling main jets, its easy.
  3. AussieSteve

I'm not interested in soldering and drilling.

Also, ideally I want 0.68mm and 0.7mm, not 0.66 or 0.711mm. .66 is too small and 0.711 is too big. (I already have an 0.72)

Don't mean to sound rude, but please, no more suggestions along these lines.
    Every time I mention jets I'm flooded with 'solder and drills'.
    I only asked about jet suppliers.
    I'd just as sooner order the two jets that I need as a set of drills that won't quite do what I want and I'll never use again.

... Steve
  4. a/c man

a/c man Member

didn't mean to pet the dog the wrong direction

Sorry you didn't like the solder and drill response. Anyway you can find the jets you are looking for at www.scootershop.com. All Dellorto PHBG carbs have 5mm threads on their jets, both main and pilot jets. Hope you can find happiness there
  5. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Here is the place to buy jets:

We tried to set up an commercial account to carry jets, but they won't sell to us. Yes motorscooter and motorcycle (and some bike) parts places are like that. Anyway, they have the goods. Slow shipping though.
  6. AussieSteve

Thanks, Paul. I'll check them out.
    Just had a look - at DellortoDirect, the whole jet range appear to be 6mm, including the PHBx series.
    I quickly grabbed a stock NT jet and my vernier in case, but the stock ones are 5mm.
    A pity, Dellorto have a great range of sizes.

a/c man. Thanks for the help. I really wasn't trying to be rude, but it looks that way sometimes. I have a nice range of jets already, 0.72, 0.73, 0.76, 0.79 and these last two will complete the set. I know drilling works and is done by many, but I love having just the right jet on hand.
    It makes tuning much easier. I like to step up/down until it seems pretty good, go one more size to be sure, (it'll go a little too rich/lean), then step back one size. Much easier with ready-made jets.
    I'm planning to build a few bikes and don't mind the outlay of $5 each.
    (No gas either, only a small electronic soldering iron.)
    I haven't asked the local motorbike shop yet, either.
    I'll do that next time I'm in town - you never know.

ScooterShop.com have 5mm main jets ranging from 0.35mm to 1.42mm, at $5 ea here - thanks a/c man.
    And Paul, these 5mm jets are original Dellorto jets, so I don't know why DellortoDirect only sell 6mm. ???

Update - just have to find a way to order now.
    Added them to my basket, hit 'Checkout' and came to an error page.
    Emailed support@... , the email bounced.
    Just emailed info@..., didn't bounce at least. I'll get there yet.

Meantime a Yahoo search found the 5mm jets at DellortoDirect here , $3.95ea, listed under 'main jets' as 'pilot jets'.

Earlier, I searched DellortoDirect with 'main jet' as a search term and got 205 results, none 5mm.

Thanks, guys, for the help.

... Steve
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  7. AussieSteve

For the moment, I would suggest that no one deals with DellortoDirect.
    I'll probably be posting more about this one in the near future.

Just tried to order jets - see this quote from the email I just sent them:-

I'm bloody angry at this bull.
    How the **** do you ever get these things running properly if you have to sort through the type **** that I have for the last few months.
    2/3 vendors are bull****.
    Getting closer to the edge.
    ... Steve
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  8. Pablo

Often your bank will think you have been charged when the cc transaction was declined. All cc transactions put a very temporary hold on the funds for the amount of the transaction. It's typically invisible to purchasers. It should lift rapidly.
  9. AussieSteve

I hope you're right, Paul, although I don't understand wny the bank would decline the transaction but still freeze the money.
    I just got up and checked my account first thing. No change yet, still $50 down. Only rent money left at the moment.
    When my bank opens in a few hours, I'll go in and query the transaction, see if anything can be done.
    I guess I'm still looking for jets, when I have the money again.
    Found 2 suppliers yesterday but don't seem to be able to buy from either.
    Still not at all impressed, but not as angry as yesterday.

... Steve
  10. Pablo

It's an order of things with cc transactions....lock first, then decline....sucks, I know.

We so want to sell jets....just another reason why.
  11. AussieSteve

Just thinking - glad I didn't try a few more times after the transaction was declined or I couldn't pay my rent, due today.
    (Each attempt locks up $25AU)
    There's nothing like having money in the bank but being unable to spend it because a company on the other side of the world has effectively locked up my account.
    I've never struck anything like this before, just nice smooth transactions for years.

... Steve
  12. Pablo

Most all vendors (including us) are pretty tired of credit card rip-offs (ie charge backs) - we ship a product thinking we have the money, only later find out someone purloined a real card but put a delivery address of their own....when owner of said card finds out his card has been hacked, vendor gets a charge back and is left holding nothing. So, we use AVS which should match things up. In general it works, but sometimes with addresses out of the USA it struggles a bit.
  13. AussieSteve

I can understand that. The problem did appear to be related to a mis-match between addresses.
    I grabbed my last cc statement and painstakingly copied the address letter by letter to be sure, but the transaction was still declined.
    Meantime, I just did some quick maths and reckon I can just scrape up enough to try ordering from one more vendor and still pay the rent, so I'll see what I can find with a Google search.
    (Not giving up this easy.)

From the ZBox site, I was just pointed in the direction of http://www.ozminimoto.com.au

They have a range of (Dellorto PHBG) 5mm jets to suit NT carbs.
    A bit expensive at $7AU, though.
    Just emailed them re sizes.
    Third time lucky?

... Steve
  14. AussieSteve

My jets arrived today - no problems with OzMiniMoto.
    They didn't have all sizes in stock at the moment, so I got 0.65, 0.67 and 0.7mm.

My declined DellortoDirect order still has my money tied up. Once again, I'm glad I didn't make 10 attempts to order or I'd have about $250 tied up.

Pablo, regarding charge-backs and shipping the goods, doesn't that only apply to transactions that aren't declined? If the transaction is declined from the outset as mine was, why do they still lock up the funds? No goods will be shipped.
    It seems to be a bit unfair.

... Steve
  15. Pablo

Cool you can get them locally. Way to go.

They STILL have your $ tied up? Wow. Monday was a holiday here, but still.

Yes settled transactions - I was just explaining the most frequent reason for declining. The reason for the lock-up is so automated thieves don't go amuck in a short period of time and rack up huge charges........something may be amiss if it's not cleared today.
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  16. AussieSteve

I got a rude reply from them effectively saying 'what are you worried about - you'll get your money back', so I assume that I will.
    My bank still lists both declined transactions as 'Pending Credit-card transactions', so I'll give it another 2 days max, then follow up.
    Not too concerned, unless they move from 'pending' to 'complete'.

My shift kit must be almost here by now, too. Good timing. While I'm still a bit banged up to ride, I can tinker with fitting it, re-jetting etc.
    No more accidents once I have a low gear for the gravel driveway.

... Steve
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  17. Pablo

Watch out in low gear - it just means you will try more "stunts".....well at least that's what I do. I fell once........had my helmet on. Cause? Under inflated tires, and lazy biker couldn't take the time to fill them....learned my lesson.
  18. AussieSteve

Don't mind the odd 'mono' etc myself, just not keen on those front wheel slides.
    Bloody under-inflated tyres. Got the third pinch-flat in 400km on my electric a few days ago. The valves weep and I forget to top up.
    ... Steve
  19. AussieSteve

Here we are, six days later, (Saturday afternoon here) and DellortoDirect still have the funds for the declined transactions tied up (or spent).
    Off to the bank on Monday morning to sort this out, I guess.

For anyone reading this, be wary of dealing with DellortoDirect, or at least be prepared to have your funds tied up for a while if the cc transaction is declined.

... Steve
  20. Pablo

crikes - that is just plain evil.