Where do I get a friction drive kit?

Discussion in 'Friction Drive' started by macarollo, Jan 5, 2008.

1. macarollo

macarollo Guest

I have a motor from a scooter that runs well. I want to put it on my bike. I was thinking a friction drive kit would be the easiest.

Does anyone sell a kit that does not include the motor (since I already have one).

2. kerf

kerf Guest

What kind of motor?
  3. macarollo

macarollo Guest

4. kerf

kerf Guest

Doesn't tell me much. There are various companies selling friction drive kits but most of them are Staton units so I would call David Staton. Your going to need engine info and clutch size. If your motor has a 76mm clutch rotor, it may fit an existing drive housing.
  5. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

6. kerf

kerf Guest

The Formula kits were much like Staton and I believe he's selling Staton now. At one time he offered a 1 1/4" roller with a one way bearing that allowed coasting. If you get in touch with him, I would be interested to know if he's still selling them.
  7. What happened to Formula engines ? The site is for sale
  8. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

You can also try thatsdax.com
  9. lowracer

lowracer Member

Formula engine was the company known as BMP....they are OOB

Oh heck, this thread is like 4 yrs old..???
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    MotorBicycleRacing likes this.
  10. Sorry I didn't realize but does anyone no why BMP went out they had a really good product and I Worked closely with them and all the sudden their gone In a blink of an eye
  11. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

i would drop that design and just go with a bumblebeebolton or a bike bug's new and improved friction drive kit. there $279 brand new. The installation is one bolt. when i seen that i jumped on it like white on rice been happy ever since. I have gone 3,000miles and all i have had to do is change my drive wheel twice. i have a couple other kits there good to i just like the simplicity of the bumblebee design. they have a website im not sure what it is google it im sure it will come up.

friction 4 life