Whizzer / Chop

Discussion in 'Whizzer Motorized Bicycles' started by Zomby Builder, Dec 26, 2007.

1. I just recieved one of the last kits from Whizzer. I have never been a fan of any advertised kit, but this one is awesome. They really give you the details & all the stuff to do a complete install. I am truly impressed. I build Zombys/Zombies - The UN-DEAD. I have a parts/pile of the undead carcas' (By the way, if you see a part in my pile that you need PM me & it is yours for the cost of shipping)

Zomby Zack might get me tarred & feathered by my neighbors.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkF04SaSKJo

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

So Zack is going to get a new Power Plant. A 138 cc / 9 cubic inch / Slightly modified Whizzer motor.

IMG_1055.jpg

This will be my first attempt to improve the Whizzer drivetrain & build something as never before.

Stay Tuned.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2007

2. mickey

mickey Guest

I'm excited for you.

3. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Is the Nu Vinci hub part of this build?

4. NuVinci

Yes Van, this 2 stroke set up is what ripped my original axle out of the bottom brackets. The NuVinci is SUPER reinforced now with the torsion bars & as you see in the video they hold it well. Problem is the 2 stroke racing clutch engages so hard & at such a high RPM that now it smokes the CVT. I think the Whizzer motor will provide a much smoother engagement and also make it a lot quieter & neighbor-hood friendly. I also think with the NuVinci this bike should have great low end torque & good top end. (Maybe too good)

I need some input on the pulley diameter I should use on my jackshaft. Have the space for a 6 inch. The Stock Whizz set up has a 15 inch rear sheath pulley that will be eliminated. All other pulleys will be used & will have a manual clutch. Keep in mind that this is a 24 inch rear wheel. The sprocket sizes are 16 tooth main drive & a 22 on the wheel. This motor will remain like you see with the only mods being the elimination of the long rear retaining bolts, a little paint & cleaner intake.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2007
  5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

Man My jaw is still on the ground!Nice work!:p:p
    Can you post some good close ups of your jack shaft and lets do some gray matter burning.

6. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Zomby, Not sure if I did the math correctly, but hope so. With the stock Whizzer manual clutch system the motor turns 9 times per wheel revolution. If you use a 22 tooth on the wheel, a 16 tooth on the output of the jack shaft, a 2.5" pulley on the flywheel, a clutch with a 5" X 3.5" cone pulley to a 6" jackshaft pulley the final drive ratio is [I think] 4.71 X 1. About double the normal ratio. If you increase the jackshaft pulley to 8" the ratio would be 6.28 X 1. Increase the jackshaft pulley to 10" and end up with 7.85 X 1 [still high but usable for "crusin"]. If you want to end up close to stock ratios [9 X 1] consider cutting down the smaller clutch pulley from 3.5" to 3", reducing the 16 tooth to 10 , and the input jackshaft pulley to 10" [if possible], and the output ratio should be 8.8 X 1. Two other possible areas to consider would be a larger primary clutch pulley [maybe 6"] or go even smaller on the front chain sprocket. I hope these numbers are at least in the ball park. An example would be use a clutch with 6" X 3" pulleys, 6" primary jackshaft pulley, a 12 tooth drive sproket and a 22 tooth on the wheel, and should end up with approx. 8.8 X 1. Hope these numbers are helpful. And just for the record I have a 24" NE Whizzer that has ratios of 6.97 X 1 that I ride on the street. At approx 7 X 1 you have a great highway bike, but as many know it didn't like one of the steep hills this summer at Dawson Springs, KY.
    Quenton

7. Multi-Speeds

This is what it's gonna look like:

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

I think changing the main drive to a 10 tooth Jack & using a 6" pulley on the bikes left side will put me in there. Of course the far right side sprocket of this current set up will be gone & the left side pulley would be the driver. This hub is geared very low. If I make these mods this thing will pedal like a double low mountain bike in low range. For real... It goes like a BILLY now. However the NuVinci is like having 21 speeds. AM I JUST INSANE? Or should I JUST DO IT?????

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2007
  8. Not to be

This frame would have to be modified too much to do what I want. The jackshaft is too close to the rear tire & Well I hate to kill this bike just yet. So I'm going to stretch a regular Whizz instead. This bikes on hold untill ?????

9. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I'm sure that whatever you come up with, it will be both amazing and beautiful.
    Build on.
    Van