who sells NON kit engines?

Discussion in 'Frame Mounted Engines' started by skatingsamurai, Jan 3, 2009.

1. im looking for an 80 cc china motor that does not include a kit. the reason is that the studs broke off the one i have and i am considering converting it to use the shifter kit. so i have everything but the engine it self. any sellers?

2. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Dax sells the engines by themselves but you could probably save money by taking your engine to a machine shop and have them remove the broken stud.
  3. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

think that Forbisher may also be able to lead you in a good direction

ride that thing
  4. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

5. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

that's true -- should come out PRETTY easy

if not a fast trip to any machine shop -- they will DIG that little engine

so as to ride that THING
  6. bonzzz

bonzzz New Member

get on the phone and call some lawnmower shops thats how i got mine
    cheapy cheap too
  7. nuh uh

yes i know what it is lol. what i meant was is literally broke part of the block off. hahaha its completely fubar. unless i weld some plates onto it. but thats way to much trouble i want to make a jackshaft kit so i think im just going to go with a new engine it has a warped head anyways with thousands of miles on it so im not even going to bother repairing it.
  8. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

Why don't you just go with Zoombicycles.com ? $125 shipped is a good deal and you will have tons of extra parts for the future.
  9. POPS

POPS Member

They also sell just the motor in their parts section...POPS
  10. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

zoombicycles sells just the engine but shipping takes 2 weeks...i broke the stud/ part of the block off mine when i wrecked but i just took a u bolt and clamped the exhaust straight to my frame. theres no engine movement at all. but now i keep breaking masterlinks.
  11. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

Other than your motor twisting when you give it throttle, I can't figure out why your links would break.
    I guess you could go without a master link and use a hammer and punch to make a linkless chain but I think that will just force another part to break.
  12. stealthc9

stealthc9 Member

i repaired my master links w. a hammer when they would break from the engine twisting on the old bike so i'm sure that's why they use to break...then repair a broken item really is a temporary deal lol. but I need to see about getting a new chain and new master link...anyone know where i can find 415 chain because now where around here carrys it from what i see...no scooter shops or bicycle shops...please let me know, cuz i can use the master links from them but i really need a chain cuz it's kinda twisted.
  13. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

Go to a bicycle shop and ask for a BMX freestyle chain. I have one in front of me, still in the box. Cost me $20 but they did have to order it for me. The one I have is as follows:
    "KMC Freestyle Extreme 1/2x3/16 K415H
  14. KMC 415 chain

Hi guys, that KMC is a very good chain BUT, in many cases you will need more links! I used to buy several, and use one as a "sacrifice" adding pieces of it to the other chains ontill the sacrifice was all used up.

I have plenty of the kit chains if you need one, pm me.

15. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

The one I have has 98 links, I did not end up using it so I did not know that it was not long enough. Maybe you can help me with this Mike. My new kit arrived with a chain that I can't figure out. The box says "DH 083" and "083-110 L" Is this a 110 link #083 sized chain? They both look the same so maybe it doesn't matter.
  16. Chains all over the place!

Hi I dunno what the DH 083 stands for, might be a model number form China, or even a translation of the Chinese size designation, BUT yes it is 110 links.