Why wear a helmet?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by lovehamr, Dec 5, 2009.

1. lovehamr

lovehamr New Member

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

3. MotoMagz

MotoMagz Member

4. lovehamr

lovehamr New Member

Thanks Bill! Is there a way to imbed video here on this forum?

5. retromike3

retromike3 Member

Helmet not always a good Idea

It seems like its time to change the filter in the gene pool. Idiots like that make us all look bad. I wear a hemet and a led flasher and I try to obey all of the traffic laws in the area.
    Darwin must not be totally correct in his theory because he looks old enough to reproduce.:rolleyes7:

Mike Frye the bike guy
  6. AussieJester

AussieJester Member

I posted this video over on Endless Sphere few days back, he has a helmet but should of paid more and got a full face. In response to that effort admin YPedal man posted This gem...to lighten the mood and make everyone smile there was then this :)

7. azbill

azbill Active Member

I always just copy/paste the url...no tags needed
  8. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

Why wear a helmet you ask? Well I don't want my gray matter turned into bean dip plain and simple.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  9. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

.........And it's usually a plus with law enforcement
  10. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

If you want to end up like Gary Busey, don't wear a helmet.
  11. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

He is a poster child for wearing a helmet!

12. loquin

loquin Active Member

Once you have a few more posts, you'll be able to embed links, too. (we had some issues a few months back with a guy who kept posting links to malicious sites, so, we set a minimum post limit for embedded links...)
  13. DougC

DougC Guest

I don't wear a bicycle helmet.

A lot of people think that because it looks similar, a bicycle helmet is "almost like a motorcycle helmet", and it's not. Not hardly, not even close.

If you're paranoid about your noggin, wear a motorcycle helmet, not any bicycle helmet.
  14. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

AJ, just saw your video and that brought back a memory. Had a dart scrambler/198 Villiers motor and we saw a large dirt hill in a field and I in a quick moment of sheer stupidity deceided to jump it.

As I came off the top I looked down to see a just completed house basement. A true O Shi.... moment. I heal quickly.

15. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

That had to hurt. We have all had those moments. Mine involved a homemade parachute. It still hurts just to think about that mistake... I was young.

16. fasteddy

fasteddy Member

I landed just right and the helmet I was wearing, that every one laughed at as a girly add on, saved me when I crashed into the cement block wall.
    When I got out of the hospital they were all wearing one. They weren't cheap ones either.

17. gnflyby

gnflyby Member

I learned the hard way why you should always wear a helmet, now I wear a full face and half face motorcycle helmet and and gloves even just to go down the block (see pictures). Nelson.

Attached Files:

18. RusticoRay

RusticoRay Member

Nelson, I saw that picture when you first posted it. I had the same reaction again. That photo should be a friendly reminder about good head gear. Hope everything healed up.
  19. gnflyby

gnflyby Member

Hey Ray, everything healed up well with the exception of my pinky which I can not fully bend and probably never will. But I'm grateful to be alive, and it could have been a heck of a lot worse!!! To all you people who think it can't happen to you, I thought the same thing, I hated helmets and I thought they made people wearing them look stupid, well... I don't think that anymore, don't take chances, wear your helmet, take it from someone who knows what they're talking about!!! Stay safe out there, Nelson. :helmet:
  20. retromike3

retromike3 Member

stupid riders vs helmets

I agree that many people should wear helmets, however the tread started with a video of a idiot riding a wheelie down the street for over a mile and then crashing without a helmet on. I personally wont get on my motorbicycle without one but, is that always a good thing? Some people are self selecting out of the race and why are we wrong to keep them from there destiny?

Mike Frye-the bike guy