Wolfpack CDI-Coil

maybe your typical Mb'r doesnt

I have a coil from a zuma 125 laying around
and im sure any cheap gy6 coil will work, I bet those are dirt cheap

So.... sell me one with no coil

$75? What happened to $40?

http://www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/CDI.html

I really need one but I can't do $75, it's too much.

must be the expensive coils
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ignition-Coil-Gy6-49cc-50cc-150cc-200cc-139qmb-Chinese-Scooter-Moped-ATV-/280840841850?pt=Other_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item41636b2a7a&vxp=mtr

So sell the cdi without a coil for 1/2 the price and I bet you will sell a ton more
coils are not hard to find and im sure you dont need anything special for such a small engine

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I notice he's gone silent. Typical businessman. You don't say you're gonna sell these things for $40 then realize you could charge $75 for them. I hate when people do that. Shady practice. If you wanted $75, say $75. I'm half tempted to buy one of these and post the schematic out of spite.

For one, I just make them for JNMotors. They handle it all from there so gripe to them not to me. But I think it is a good decision on their part because they know the coil they sell with it works well with it. Coils can vary greatly. So if he sold a CDI alone and you ruin the CDI putting an incorrect coil with it then what? His way eliminates the bad possibilities.

Before JNM became my distributor I sold the CDI by itself for $40 and recommended people buy one of the coils I recommended from EBay. A good used Honda coil can sell for $30 on up.

Yeah but do you want a 23 year old 1989 coil? Used coil prices start from there and go up. Those white coils you see are pretty cheaply made. Dont know if I would trust them.

Exactly how do you know this is a cheaply made coil and the one in the kit is not? I sure don't see a brand name on that coil nor is it listed anywhere on that site. That is pure speculation and nothing more.

Personally, as an entrepreneur i see why they charge 75$. If you feel bad for spending that money, take a look at what jag has massed up on his site. Its some good FREE info! the research and trial and error that he has done and shows how you can make your engine scream helps balance the coil cost. Come on people, you think it costs 65$ for a tuned pipe? let alone 150+ for an engine kit. Mark up is all around us, but what you really pay for is the research and development.

I am in a position where my standard CDI is just not cutting it (70km/h no shift kit) and soon as i can get the cash, i will be purchasing one of the jag CDIs.

/rant

-Shell

thanks for the backup Shell !
Cavi, for your information, I bought one of those white coils to test and didn't like it at all.

Back