Wow

Yeah I mentioned on another thread, well i think the same 1 you did & you told him to go to a 44 tooth sprocket. Nobody believed either 1 of us, well lol at least not me.😂🤣
Lol I dont think a walmart cranbrook is meant to do 40mph, lmao I dont like the feel of the bike at 40mph if you catch my drift. You tell some1 you can feel the flex in the bike & they look at you crazy.😜🤪

Lol I dont think a walmart cranbrook is meant to do 40mph, lmao I dont like the feel of the bike at 40mph if you catch my drift. You tell some1 you can feel the flex in the bike & they look at you crazy.😜🤪
Cranbrook never felt right to me either Diesel, Thats why i went the "step-up" to the Hyper Bike Company Beach Cruise after the Cranbrook frame broke on me...lol...Much better made than the Huffy in my opinion...lol.

Cranbrook never felt right to me either Diesel, Thats why i went the "step-up" to the Hyper Bike Company Beach Cruise after the Cranbrook frame broke on me...lol...Much better made than the Huffy in my opinion...lol.
The main reason I used it was it was pretty much brand new & they let tires dry rot. Got the bike for free, & all you guys talked me over to the dark side to build a 2 stroke bike, so i did. If some gusset & light welding work was done it would be a fairly solid build then.

I replaced the front tube with an exaust pipe and welded the arches completely top and bottom to the top tube and around the seat post then added the rear from a mtn bike to it... the rear drop out was doubled up with the extra mtn bike top arms welded to the seat post... It took the flex out of it.... When the bottom tube broke going over the railroad tracks it gave it a few degrees of strech.... once I get all the parts together I'm going to build a jig and make a frame from those discoveries

I replaced the front tube with an exaust pipe and welded the arches completely top and bottom to the top tube and around the seat post then added the rear from a mtn bike to it... the rear drop out was doubled up with the extra mtn bike top arms welded to the seat post... It took the flex out of it.... When the bottom tube broke going over the railroad tracks it gave it a few degrees of strech.... once I get all the parts together I'm going to build a jig and make a frame from those discoveries
The main reason I used it was it was pretty much brand new & they let tires dry rot. Got the bike for free, & all you guys talked me over to the dark side to build a 2 stroke bike, so i did. If some gusset & light welding work was done it would be a fairly solid build then.
I just weld on motor mounts and use the engine as part of the frame stiffening.

If you have access to a welder a few well placed gussets do a world of good to strengthen a frame

There's always a lot of great advice here on MB.com. A lot of times it's difficult to conceptualize some of the advice. It takes hands on learning experience to see some of this advice through. Only after doing it will that advice ring home. Most of the advice is probably from prior experience.

This forum has young to old and green to seasoned old salts with bikes. Prior motorcycle experience helps a lot, but motorized bicycles are in a world all of its own. The ignored advice is probably more a case of not understanding rather than contempt for it.

Back