2 stroke bike kit mods

FastNloud

Local time
9:04 AM
Hey guys, I'm planning on buying a cheap 100cc 2 stroke kit off eBay, what would be the best one? I am mechanically inclined and i can port/polish and do some other work to the engine so i was wondering what the best mods are for these little engines? Specifically the carb, porting and exhaust, id like to get some sort of expansion pipe if that would even help. The reason I'm asking is id like to order the engine and the mods at the same time so i don't have to wait lol. This is the one i was thinking of- 2 stroke engine kit

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hey guys, I'm planning on buying a cheap 100cc 2 stroke kit off eBay, what would be the best one? I am mechanically inclined and i can port/polish and do some other work to the engine so i was wondering what the best mods are for these little engines? Specifically the carb, porting and exhaust, id like to get some sort of expansion pipe if that would even help. The reason I'm asking is id like to order the engine and the mods at the same time so i don't have to wait lol. This is the one i was thinking of- 2 stroke engine kit
Expansion pipe (a well engineered one) port cleaning to remove casting leftovers, an NGK plug and cone filter is about as far as I'd go.

If you want to make a lot of power, buy something like the Phantom, because if you start with a basic engine, you'll spend more upgrading it and still go slower than one of the hotter mills.

If you go with a basic engine, I'd recommend a Zeda branded one.

Any cheap one however would be fine to practice modifications, but don't expect it to run great out of the box

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yd100 engines have potential. They won't get you terribly fast stock, but I have heard a good porting and some mods will get you going pretty quickly. They also have a bit more low end grunt, which alot of us stokier fellows like that from an engine (aka low end torque moves my fat arse without me pedaling lol)

As far as mods go, check this thread out. It a long read, but you could probably get the information by ignoring most of the posts and only skimming for info about mods it won't take you long.

Back