4g verses 5g transmission

That really depends on which 4G you're talking about, too. The 4G for "5/8" shaft engines is narrower than the one for tapered-shaft engines by a half inch or so, comparing without cover installed. My 5/8" setup measures 9 1/8" wide from engine starter cover to 4G pulley.
thanks, that was what I needed to know

If you do use the straight shaft engine and 4g, do the bearing mod and toss the oilite bushing. Aleman can explain how to do that one.

I have a "generic" 49cc Huasheng knock off with a T-belt Transmission. It's definitely not the same as the T-belt Transmission Grub Bee sells. Can anyone tell me about this transmission setup?

I have a "generic" 49cc Huasheng knock off with a T-belt Transmission. It's definitely not the same as the T-belt Transmission Grub Bee sells. Can anyone tell me about this transmission setup?

Show us some pic, So we know what your talking about

I'm betting it is the gasbike/kingsmotorbikes version. It has a wonderful reduction ratio. It uses a belt that won't stretch. That's the only positives.
Other than that it uses the cheapest bearings in existence, and the plate is made of funky metal with bad tolerances. It can be made a little better with better bearings. One issue I saw with them is shaft wobble from holes cut a little off square. Another issue I saw is the clutch bell has a slight wobble from the factory.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Do chains stretch, or do they wear? Hmmm a modern conundrum!

Well... I know from real experience that the actual plates in a tank track stretch and that's pretty much a chain right there (sprocket on the end, load on the bottom.) Eventually the whole thing has to be replaced, not just the pins. So I'm going into this expecting that EVERY chain sufficiently used will stretch over time. Course there is a hell of a lot more torque applied and a hell of a lot more resistance on a track be it tractor or tank! But the metal is better than the typical chain you find too.

Added: Also checked. It seemed contrary to my experience with car serpentine belts to say the steel reinforced rubber belts don't stretch. Car serpentine belts stretch slowly with time and need replacement so I don't see how a bike belt would escape that fate.

Mind, I'm saying these things as a novice in the community. Just experience with similar things and an understanding of machines in general. lol I'm still very much learning the ins and outs of these awesome little engines!

Last edited:
Back