Anyone else grab a phatmoto rover before sale ended for 499.00 any info good bad ugly

newt92183

Local time
1:06 AM
Just finished up my first paid build for an elderly gentleman living near by, this along with selling off my backup bike gave me the funds to start my next project, while scouring the web, I came across the phatmoto site and there weekend sale i guess of the 2023 stock anyways was able to grab an 79,cc phatmoto rover plain jane for 5 hundred bucks.

To be honest with you guys I seen the sale ends countdown closing out and jumped before i had done too much research, needless to say next day I was right back at it though the option for any remaining yellow colored rides was soon gone.

Now I love my Kent Bayside YD-100 especially after adding my mag rims, Husqvarna headlight assembly and Harley Sportster controls and throttle along with several other ongoing additions, but really was wanting to do a gas frame bike so enter the Rover.

Sadly though it dosn't ship out till the 17th this month so still got a bit of time to finish up my current upgrades but is there any issues i should be aware of with the Rovers.

Dont try to get much more hp out of it or mount a higher hp engine. The frame is aluminum and is known to crack with more hp than it already has. Id suggests as far as engine goes an exaust, carb, billet flywheel(for safety) and maybe a spicier cam. I would suggest also upgrading drive train and brakes. Get a cvt for transmission. And line pull hydraulic disc brakes

Other than exhaust pipe, carb and air cleaner there are NO hiperf parts for the lifan 152f3 that comes with phatmotos. Lifan 154f is a 105cc bolt on replacement, if you can find one.

When it arrives, check all bolts/fasteners and apply blue loctite to them. Especially sprocket/brake disc bolts. Be careful to not overtorque. Wheel bearings need inspection and likely grease OR replacement with shielded ball bearings (#6000 zz). Check wheels/spokes for trueness and tension. Jackshaft bearings often arrive needing immediate replacement (#6202-2rs). Engine side chains are junk but serve for a lil while. Pay attention to clutch lubing instruction sheet. Upgrading brakes to cable pull hydraulics is a decent idea, but oem brakes are adequate imo. Upgrade the stock kick stand (portland design works) or it'll fail. If you disable the engine govenor, get a tach first as it is really easy to over rev and drastically shorten engine life. I keep it to around 4500rpm max.

They're ok bikes, despite the above. I've had my 2021 AT for a bit over 2yrs and it's been pretty nice for cruising around.

Other than exhaust pipe, carb and air cleaner there are NO hiperf parts for the lifan 152f3 that comes with phatmotos. Lifan 154f is a 105cc bolt on replacement, if you can find one.

When it arrives, check all bolts/fasteners and apply blue loctite to them. Especially sprocket/brake disc bolts. Be careful to not overtorque. Wheel bearings need inspection and likely grease OR replacement with shielded ball bearings (#6000 zz). Check wheels/spokes for trueness and tension. Jackshaft bearings often arrive needing immediate replacement (#6202-2rs). Engine side chains are junk but serve for a lil while. Pay attention to clutch lubing instruction sheet. Upgrading brakes to cable pull hydraulics is a decent idea, but oem brakes are adequate imo. Upgrade the stock kick stand (portland design works) or it'll fail. If you disable the engine govenor, get a tach first as it is really easy to over rev and drastically shorten engine life. I keep it to around 4500rpm max.

They're ok bikes, despite the above. I've had my 2021 AT for a bit over 2yrs and it's been pretty nice for cruising around.
wow, didnt think id hit the jackpot on info so early on, sounds like you guys know the whats what of it,

Honestly im still waiting on it to arrive, heck still waiting on it to ship out but i knew this when bought it, my main concern is my son absdolutly has no interest in riding these bikes with me or on his own, i know when i was 18 if my dad built a couple these 80cc or 100cc 2 strokes i woud been one happy pup, so i thought id try a pre built 4 stroke to get him maybe interested in a safer ride, still no sign hes wanting to test it out when arrives.

so have any you guys heard or seen the rocket motorized bicycles on walmarts website, i know there just 100 cc kits more or less with a much better in my opinion gas tank but the weird seat rack thing with xr on it just cracks me up, wander if anyone in this groups had any dealings with them

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-14 014022.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-14 014022.png
    315 KB · Views: 82
wow, didnt think id hit the jackpot on info so early on, sounds like you guys know the whats what of it,

Honestly im still waiting on it to arrive, heck still waiting on it to ship out but i knew this when bought it, my main concern is my son absdolutly has no interest in riding these bikes with me or on his own, i know when i was 18 if my dad built a couple these 80cc or 100cc 2 strokes i woud been one happy pup, so i thought id try a pre built 4 stroke to get him maybe interested in a safer ride, still no sign hes wanting to test it out when arrives.

so have any you guys heard or seen the rocket motorized bicycles on walmarts website, i know there just 100 cc kits more or less with a much better in my opinion gas tank but the weird seat rack thing with xr on it just cracks me up, wander if anyone in this groups had any dealings with them
You probably still have to assemble that bike from Walmart

This should have been posted in the 2 stroke forum, BTW.

Back