cns carb. JUNK ?

I had a cns carb and i only ran it on my bike for a few days.
It was a pile of **** in my opinion!
yes, i know how to tune carbs and this cns would not respond to any tuning that i did.
this included re-jetting, air-fuel mixture tuning, jet needle settings...everything.
The carb made my bike slower by about 5 mph as compaired to the stock nt carb.
not only that, but it would not stay tight to the intake tube.
my good old stock (re-jetted, tuned, high flow air filter) nt carb gets my bike up to 32 mph, without any 4 stroking, and it will sit and idle all day long.
with the cns, i was lucky to get 25 mph out of it and it idled like ****.

thats exactly what mine did the very first time I installed it
lost 5 mph, idle was all over the place
I must of had an intake air leak or something

Im no carb tuning expert but I guess I got lucky the 2nd time around once I started to lean out the jetting
then it all seemed to work together

My Grubee 66 kit came with the cns carb. I could not get the slide stop (idle screw) to turn due to lock tite I guess, but did manage to break the air screw loose. I tried every thing to get it to run half way decent, with no luck! It runs better with the stock nt carb that comes with the 48cc kits. The nt "SPEED" carb is even better yet!! They are cheaper and pain killer free. One other problem with the cns carb is no threaded cable adjustment. But the cable adjustment is not needed if you do what I did and throw it in a box of spare parts L.O.L.

if you run into loc tite just get a mini torch and heat up the screw for a couple of seconds
that will weaken the loc tite enough to remove it, of course be extra careful because of the fuel do it off the bike dry from fuel if you can

for someone who hates carbs once I made my jet smaller I got it working within hours trying all needle positions and jet sizes just to be thorough

The CNS Racing Carburetor is a great carb. You just need to know what you're doing with it to get it to run properly. Although the problem I'm having with it at the moment is that I can't find a carburetor cover for it anywhere = no ride to work when it's pouring. You'd think someone would've thought of something for that by now. A pop bottle works but it just doesn't look right.

Wow, I didn't know Skyhawk Carburetors had this much trouble. I used to have the stock carburetor on my HuaSheng 49cc 4 stroke bike but after the first ride I had noting but problems & most of those problems were coming from the carburetor. I swapped out the HuaSheng carburetor out for the good ol NT 2 stroke carburetor & my stalling problems went away.

Now I'm converting my 4 stroke bike to a 2 stroke because allot of the CF clutch transmissions for 4 strokes suck & the good ones like the Qmatic are way beyond my price range. For what the Qmatic costs I'd rather just get a good 66cc 2 stroke for half that. Was almost about to get the Skyhawk CNS carb thinking it would be better performance than the NT. Think I'm going to pass on the Skyhawk CNS & use my NT carb on my 2 stroke motor when I get it. Guess China is simply incapable of making a C.A.R.B compliant carburetor that works right.

I wonder how many carbs had epoxy Drip into their circuits and permanently ruin the carb...

That image in the first few posts or so with the screw in the filter flange. Well that carb isn't the "traditional" Cns but anyway the hole he filled with the screw is actually where the bowl vent goes to. It should be a small black tube that leaves the small nipple nearest the flange and then goes into that hole. Don't know why they wanted it like that but they do.

I also wonder how many circuits never got drilled properly, I could only imagine that the person running the machine had a dull or short bit in the chuck and the paths that should have been drilled never get fully cut, leaving blockages.. Or just plain leaving crap in the holes before capping off the places they drilled... Some stuff simply can't be removed in a conventional manner and has to be removed at the place of drilling. The quality control is pretty raunchy over there so the NT being so simple in design has the best chances of being produced correctly over and over again.

Such a good carb gets a bad rap, especially because of all these epoxied pieces of crap that aren't even the real Cns carb, or at least what I would call it now. This multipurpose carb works as well as any other multiuse carb as long as it is clean and tuned, the same standard you'd want from any carb.

I wonder how many carbs had epoxy Drip into their circuits and permanently ruin the carb...

That image in the first few posts or so with the screw in the filter flange. Well that carb isn't the "traditional" Cns but anyway the hole he filled with the screw is actually where the bowl vent goes to. It should be a small black tube that leaves the small nipple nearest the flange and then goes into that hole. Don't know why they wanted it like that but they do.

I also wonder how many circuits never got drilled properly, I could only imagine that the person running the machine had a dull or short bit in the chuck and the paths that should have been drilled never get fully cut, leaving blockages.. Or just plain leaving crap in the holes before capping off the places they drilled... Some stuff simply can't be removed in a conventional manner and has to be removed at the place of drilling. The quality control is pretty raunchy over there so the NT being so simple in design has the best chances of being produced correctly over and over again.

Such a good carb gets a bad rap, especially because of all these epoxied pieces of crap that aren't even the real Cns carb, or at least what I would call it now. This multipurpose carb works as well as any other multiuse carb as long as it is clean and tuned, the same standard you'd want from any carb.

Guess thats what happens when people put profit ahead of quality which has become the standard busness practice for this hobby. The Skyhawk CNS can go for $25 to $30 but I only payed $15 for my NT. I've heard allot of complaints from others about these CNS carburetors & they just ended up swapping them out for the NT & their carburetor problems went away. The only thing I ever did on my NT was clean the air filter & still works after about 3 years. I did also clean the internal parts with carb cleaner as a precaution.

All this hassle, this is why i like saw/pumper carbs. No hassle, no gas spills, no jets to change, and 30 seconds to tune. Plus you can adjust the air fuel mix while moving even, if you are good enough to reach down and turn a screw while riding. Check out the hs-254b. Little large for stock engines, but reed valve and a port job and that carb will have your bike haulin. Nt, speed, cns, dellorto, all good carbs, they all have fuel bowls and jets though. Such a pain to tune.
20210815_164501.jpg

Back